PDA

View Full Version : First awake at nap time....

Bookworm
02-14-2013, 01:20 PM
For those of you who have all your dck's sleeping in the same area.... what do you do when one child only sleeps for an hour and the rest will sleep for two or more. I have one child who only sleeps an hour and then will talk to himself waking the others up. Do you let the child get up? Do you give the child a quiet toy to play with?
The child in my care is only 18 months old, so I'm trying to teach him to be quiet for our friends, but think I'm expecting a bit much for his age.

Any tips/advice?
TIA!

sunnydays
02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Only an hour at 18 months? Wow! I train all my dck's to sleep for at least 2 hours...I don't get them up before that...and it's usually 2.5 hours, sometime even a bit more. Even the 3 yr old who sleeps for only an hour at home for naps, sleeps 2.5 for me and lies quietly on her bed once she wakes up. Is there any way you can move him to another room? Even put his playpen in a bathroom if there is space? That way he can make all the noise he wants, he won't wake up the others. I put my youngest/or worst sleepers in separate rooms. Within my playrom area, I have three separate corners with curtains around them for each of the others and I put a noisy fan on to block out noise. I find when one cries, it rarely wakes the others.

Momof4
02-14-2013, 06:09 PM
My almost 17 month old dcboy sleeps 1-2 hours, different every day and he talks nonstop after he wakes up, so he's happy but noisy. The other 4 children sleep in the living room which is my daycare room and he sleeps in the dining room. The rooms are adjoining but thankfully all the others are sleeping through his noise. I shush him occasionally but it only lasts a couple minutes. I give him toys and books to amuse himself. But he stays in the playpen. If he smells I'll change his diaper but that's it. Naptime/quiet time is observed at my daycare.

KingstonMom
02-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Does this child have a morning nap still? if so, maybe it could be time to cut that out if he is only sleeping an hour at naptime.
Otherwise, maybe putting him in a seperate room just so that he doesnt wake the others. I have one 18 month old who wakes before the others but he is in another room so he doesnt disturb the others until the 2.5 hours are up.
Good Luck!

Bookworm
02-14-2013, 10:06 PM
He does not have a morning nap. I do have a fan going in the room. I may try putting him in a new place in the room as he does end up waking the other kids up. Thanks for the ideas ladies!

monkeymama
02-15-2013, 11:57 AM
i have really heavy sleeprs so even if one does wake up it doesnt wake the others. they all know im not coming to get them until atleast 2 hours has passed so they stay put. however, if i had one who was disturbing the others i would seperate him until he starts sleeping longer.