PDA

View Full Version : Wagon

Vtorrance
02-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Ok so I have decided on getting the choo choo wagon and additional trailers but is it just me or is it impossible to get it here in ontario. I have been trying on a bunch of websites but nothing so far. Any suggestions? Does anyone have this wagon? If so how do you like it? Thanks

Momof4
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
I had a step two wagon and one trailer so I could transport 3 children. It pulled my shoulders out of joint and hurt me badly. I prefer pushing the stroller for the sake of my shoulders that had rotator cuff injuries at my last job from repetitive strain. That was my experience, hope it helps you decide.

Trace of Angels
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
I have it too, very hard to pull. Hurt my right hip to the point of not being able to walk. I have the bye bye buggy stroller by Angele now.........so much easier. IMO spend a little more money and save your body from a lot of pain :-) So much easier to push then it is to pull!

Vtorrance
02-20-2013, 04:24 PM
So here is my thinking .... I don't want kids who are able to walk well in a stroller or wagon, they can walk. I figured this wagon was good for the fact that I can attach the number of cars needed and when kids are able to walk take them off. I thought of a stroller but they are so expensive and I don't want to be pushing big kids who can walk.

So say if I do lean towards a stroller would you suggest a 4 or 6 person stroller? Where did you buy yours?

Didn't realize this would become such a hard decision LOL! Thanks for all your advice and experience greatly appreciated before I make such a big investment.

Momof4
02-20-2013, 04:26 PM
I've always made it work with a double stroller. Then I use the animal backpacks attached to my wrists and start children practicing before they turn 2. By the time they are 2 we can go long distances safely with the smallest 2 in the stroller. It works but it takes practice and patience.

Trace of Angels
02-20-2013, 04:31 PM
I have a quad. The human body should not push more weight than this. Somedays I only have two in there and a backpack with sand toys and snacks for the park. And sometimes I have four kids in there but never more. They can walk when they are two and should. It is great exercise for them :-)

gravy_train
02-20-2013, 04:43 PM
I am struggling with this same dilemma. The choo choo wagon is affordable (I'm pretty sure you can get it at Toys R Us), and flexible in terms of how many children you can pull. HOwever, we do need to protect and preserve our bodies and pulling 3 or 4 children is not the best idea from a physical perspective.
Maybe consider what type of terrain you will be walking on, how many kids you have to transport (maybe you can start with a double or triple stroller and upgrade as you add more kids to your mix)?

Wonderwiper
02-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi!

I have the Choo Choo wagon and LOVE it!!!!! I have 3 extra "cars" and don't find it hard to pull at all.....once it's rolling it pretty much goes on it's own! I wouldn't trade it for anything! I ordered online from Mini Circuit Wheels for Kids. Assembled and delivered to my door the next day!

Vtorrance
02-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Wonderwiper do you mind me asking what you paid if not its ok I understand. I found a used quad foundation stroller that I might get for when I have a lot of young children and the wagon for transitioning them plus for my own 2 when we are out and about on the weekends. Thanks everyone for you input.

Wonderwiper
02-20-2013, 07:00 PM
No problem! I think it was around $120 for the 2 seater main wagon and $50 for each extra car. I've had it for a few years and never had a problem! However, I do not do school runs so if it is rainy or snowy we don't go out so I can't comment on it's use in snow!

playfelt
02-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Smitty's Lil Haulers in London sells the best wagon ever. Fits up to six toddlers or a few kids and a laundry basket or rubbermaid bucket for park toys and snacks. Look at the series 450 wagons. They are easier to pull, longer handle and bigger tires than some wagons have.

www.toywagons.com

Bookworm
02-20-2013, 07:28 PM
I have a choo choo wagon as well. I have the full five pods that are allowed. Last summer I had 4 kids who were under 18 months and my newly turned 3 year old daughter. I didn't find it too bad, but it did take some getting used to. Now that everyone is older, I will be taking some of the pods off, but I still will have 3 kids under the age of 2 this summer. The older ones will be learning to walk with a harness, as I may have to do a school run for my daughter come September (I am crossing everything that we live far enough from the school to qualify for her to get the bus).
I purchased my choo choo wagon online from Sears. I got it when it was on sale, and got a great deal. Plus, I hardly paid anything for shipping ($5) because I had it sent to my local Sears and picked it up from there instead of having it shipped to my house (would have cost me $50). They do tend to sell out quickly, however, they usually are in stock again within a couple of weeks.

apples and bananas
02-20-2013, 07:52 PM
I have one. I have 4 pods in total and I love it! I use it mostly for waiting at the end of my driveway for the bus in the spring and fall. It keeps the little ones safe away from traffic. They also enjoy pushing it around the yard in the summer. I find that I can't pull more then 2 very far as it's just too hard on my back, but, I don't have a very good paved area so it may be better with someone in more of a residential area.

I bought mine on the sears website. If you keep your eye's open they often go on sale 10 - 20 bucks off.

I think it depends how much you're going to use it and how far you're going. If it's just once in a while it's great! If you're using it on a daily basis, I'd prefer a push stroller.

sweetness852010
02-21-2013, 06:33 AM
I have the choo choo wagon its great! I dont mind it but it does take sometime to get used to. I bought mine from SEARS. Last year it was in the fun in the sun catolog but if you look online they should have it. The only thing i hate here in ottawa where i am never plow the streets in the winter and its very hard to pull it. Or pulling it through snowbanks. I use it all year round and got used to it. I LOVE IT!

crafty
02-21-2013, 08:08 AM
I have mine with 4 extra wagons and I love it. I found it on Kijiji.