PDA

View Full Version : Free Playdate?

KingstonMom
06-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Hey all....
I have a new dck starting in a few weeks and the plan was that he would come over a couple times before starting full time to get used to the house etc.
The mom just msgd me asking when a good time for she and her son could come to play.....
a)i dont know how I feel having her hang with us during the day...How would you girls handle this/feel about this?
b)I dont really think it is right having anyone else in the house interacting with the other kids without their parents present. Fair enough?
c)how would you word this without her feeling like I have something to hide not wanting her here....Or do i just let her in a couple times to make her feel better about her son in a new daycare?
d)should I charge her for the half day if she comes with her son? do I charge even if she doesnt come?
Thanks for your input!

Spixie33
06-17-2011, 01:00 PM
I would message her back and say
"I think it would be great if you could drop him off x:xx on ?date?. I think it would be great to start off with you leaving him about 2-3 hours and I will just charge $15 (or whatever the fee is that you want to charge). This is going to be a great opportunity for him to get used to the house, the other children and myself and I think it will really make the transition into the daycare easier. I also think it would be a great idea if we can set up a second day and extend it a few hours longer so he gets another time here with the daycare before he is left a full day. It just makes it more comfortable for everyone to ease into the situation and address any issues that might happen before you need to leave him a whole day. I hope this works for you and please message me back a day or time when you want to do the first drop off for play time. Hopefully it will be a nice chance for you to get some errands done and give you some reassurance as well."

That's probably something along the lines I would say to convey the message she is not exactly invited. lol

sunnydays
06-17-2011, 01:01 PM
I probably wouldn't charge either way and I would probably do an outdoor playdate in the back yard or something like that or even meet at the park if you are worried about having someone in your home. Then suggest that she drop her son for a few hours on his own at your house before leaving him for the full day. Although as a parent, I have always done what this woman wants to do before having my kids start full-time, so I do allow parents to come by. To me it would not feel right to not allow them to see the kids playing together etc. Maybe I am too easy-going though...

playfelt
06-17-2011, 01:27 PM
When starting a new child I do let the parents come up to 2 times to visit. I ask them to come first thing in the morning and to stay no more than 45-60 minutes. They want to see the other children and see how their child interacts and I can understand that. I let my current parents know that it is going to happen and they are all ok with it since they had their turn when they started. After this the child comes alone and there is a payment involved. By having them come early - use the excuse that it gives them a chance to also practice the new morning routine they are there, played and gone and it barely interferes with your day. Because the parent is there it doesn't put you over in numbers either. Remember that unless your space is already empty you aren't allowed to have the child come by themselves.

mamaof4
06-18-2011, 01:19 PM
I would do what playfelt does, she is a wise young lady ;)