PDA

View Full Version : Easter activities?!

mlle.coccinelle
02-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi ladies!!

I'm trying to plan activities for easter week and i'm not too sure what do to except all the '' obvious '' game and crafts

We will be making a bunny mask, a bunny face painted with their hands and feet, we will try egg painting ( my crew is a little young so i don't know how that's going to work out...) We will have a easter egg hunt with ''small'' toys inside the eggs instead of chocolate..... we will do some cookie decoration...

What else could we do? I've been in Pintrest for weeks but all the crafts are for older kiddos...!

TIA :D

Momof4
02-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Some things I've done in the past that you didn't mention
- make little baskets for each child and at naptime the Easter bunny brings a few treats and they get to take them home
- headband with ears made out of cardstock and painted pink nose (lipstick) and whiskers (eyeliner)
- tape 2 tp rolls together and glue cotton balls all over for binoculars to find the Easter bunny.

I do all the other things you mentioned too at our Easter party. I have some coloured plastic eggs and I hide them around the daycare room pretty much in plain sight and they find them. That can last for 1/2 an hour or more.

mlle.coccinelle
02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
I loooove the binocular Idea!!! I have made some with pompoms to play '' dora the explorer'' and they LOVE IT! I'm sure it would be great to find the easter bunny!
Thx for those great Ideas Momof4!!!!

Dreamalittledream
02-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Hi ladies!!

we will try egg painting ( my crew is a little young so i don't know how that's going to work out...)

TIA :D
I've started giving my little ones Q-tips to paint with; it works great! An idea with the eggs is to paint one of those plastic eggs white first, then let them paint it (no concerns with it breaking. I haven't even though of Easter at this point...kudos to you for being so organized!

mlle.coccinelle
02-26-2013, 05:20 PM
AHahah! yeah, I was writting my news letter during nap and I realized that I had nothing planned for easter and St patrick's day... so I decided to start working on that! :P

I'm normaly not that organized :laugh: but the news letter helps me a bit :p

Dreamalittledream
02-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Love the binocular idea too! May need to borrow.

Momof4
02-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Love the binocular idea too! May need to borrow.

Hey, I get everything from googling. I'm not one to claim ideas as my own! I love the internet because it makes crafts a breeze. Back when I was in Scouting/Guiding with my own children I used to have to go to the library to look crafts up in books. Can you imagine that? LOL

playfelt
02-27-2013, 07:57 AM
We do a lot with easter eggs and use it for looking at colours ad textures. Love to put rubbing plates or anything with a texture under the paper for them to rub a crayon over. Change colour of crayon frequently to make the eggs extra pretty. Change paper and plates and let them make more. They love to take home 2-3 eggs per day and it uses a large block of time because we talk about each person's egg and I make some too so I get the patterns really deep. We call them surprise eggs since you don't know what you will get till you start to colour. If you don't have rubbing plates something that works well is a piece of plastic canvas which you can buy at the craft store. Then it makes a little square design. Shift the paper on the canvas - tape it in place with each colour change and the square design will turn as well.