PDA

View Full Version : Oh no. Oh no She cut her hair

mamaof4
06-19-2011, 12:29 PM
She is not a daycare kid- she is my daughter but what would you do if.... a daycare kid played stylist?

Play and Learn
06-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Considering ALL of the scissors are un-reachable, or are stored behind closed doors, I don't know! Tell the child no. Get child in time-out. Go and Laugh (because she/he is not mine). Email/call parents to warn them for when they come to pick up. Not my problem!

mumstheword
06-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Not your problem?

Anyway, I did have a child cut another childs hair while in my care. They were both 5 years old (old enough to know better really). I left them at the table doing crafts while I cleaned up the lunch mess and went to the bathroom. I was in eye shot and ear shot so not sure how she was so quick and sneaky about it? The cutter was a bully and very manipulative over the other girl. It was an ongoing concern. Anyway, she cut a big chunk, I gave the cutter a time out and she was never allowed to play with scissors again. I talked to her mother and let her know that I was not happy. The victims Mother was very understanding thank god, she knew that the other child was a challanging child and that her child was vulnerable and that I was not a neglectful caregiver. The two were friends outside my care, so the Mother had witnessed for herself what the other child was capable of. I have learned though, NEVER let children use scissors unless you are sitting with them, or be prepared for disaster!

mamaof4
06-20-2011, 10:24 AM
I thought all of the scissors were out of reach in a high cabinet- but alas, I was wrong, my 7 y/o had left a pair down and the 3 y/o got a hold of them..

I will say, I love her new 'do it is adorable.