PDA

View Full Version : St pattys day

kelleyg19
03-01-2013, 08:04 AM
What does everyone have planned for st pattys day this year? It falls on a Sunday so the week before (which is also march break) we will be doing all our st pattys day crafts. Other then crafts, what do you have planned?

playfelt
03-01-2013, 09:46 AM
I did a felt workshop a few years ago that was called Everything Green and the set had 5 foods, 5 animals, 5 leprechauns, and 5 things that were green so we use that and then branch out into the rainbow. I use it mostly as a when will the ground be green and green plants come back as in a hoping for spring and talking about what will be as well as a time to review colours and test what they know and don't know so I can plan my Easter egg activities to work on unknown colours more.

mlle.coccinelle
03-01-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm not planing anything big... I've personally never been a fan of St pattys day... So we will be dressed in green, eat green food... and probably decorate green cupcakes...! I'm trying to find a fun craft to go with it all.....! I'm more excited about easter ;)

monkeymama
03-01-2013, 11:50 AM
were going to talk about green, the letter g, rainbows etc. i have a little craft planned for each kid to make a pot of gold under the rainbow. snack will probably be green items thurs and fri leading up to the weekend. just some fun things to entertain the kids

Momof4
03-01-2013, 06:30 PM
I have All Red Day on Valentine's Day and All Green Day on St. Patrick's Day, this year on Friday, March 15th. So we will eat all green food and dress all in green. I will be putting up the decorations this week and one of them is a picture of a leprachaun and I made a whole bunch of little footprints that I run up the wall to the top of the stairs and I always tell the children that the naughty leprachaun ran up the wall upstairs to hide. We make a lot of crafts as usual.

sunnydays
03-01-2013, 07:47 PM
We have a leprauchan who visits during naptime. He leaves little green footprints all over the floor and they lead to a pot of gold (a pot filled with yellow cookies). The kids absolutely love it and it fills them with a sense of magic :) I also have them all dress in green and then we make a thank you card for the leprauchan and leave it on the front porch the next day (it disappears at naptime again). We also do a few crafts, but the leprauchan visit is the fun part :)

Momof4
03-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Sunnydays, cool idea about the treat from the leprechaun and the thank you card. That would work for Easter too since I have the bunny leave treats in our baskets at naptime then as well.

sunnydays
03-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Yeah...I never thought of doing it for Easter although we always have an egg hunt after naptime. I may make some bunny footprints then ;)