PDA

View Full Version : Signing Contracts - How long will you wait?

Sandbox Sally
06-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Do you guys do first-come-first-serve? Or if you really like a family, how long will you wait between interview and contract signing? I don't want to be left hanging, but I also don't want to be so pushy as to scare the family away.

I have two families who are interested in my final spot. They have both told me that they want the spot, but the family I really want is taking their time getting back with the contract and deposit. The second family, who I do like, just not as much is willing to come over tomorrow and sign on. I did tell the families that I normally only give one week between our interview and the contract being due and signed, but we are going on vacation on Saturday, and the first family took that to assume that they had the whole time I was gone to make their decision.

Advice?

Skysue
06-22-2011, 12:21 PM
I would call the 1st family and tell them that since they came 1st the spot is there's but as there is other interest you need a signed contract and deposit before Friday as it wouldn't be fair to your other family to put them on hold. This should let you know if they are serious!

Good luck, you are not being pushy but proactive!

Play and Learn
06-22-2011, 12:22 PM
I would send out an email stating you need to have the contract signed and in my hand by either Friday or Monday morning, otherwise you may risk having the spot taken by another family. If they really want your spot, they will come asap to you!

Make them come to you. You should NEVER be waiting for them! You're the boss, and it's your business.

Sandbox Sally
06-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Yeah...love you guys! I did what you suggested. She replied within ten minutes, saying she would be "honoured" to sign on. We are meeting later this week. Thanks!