PDA

View Full Version : Wearing your advertising

BlueRose
03-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Wow, i just got a embroidered sweat shirt (hoodie) from vistaprint.ca

Its very simple and says Valerie's Home Daycare with my logo in the top left side.

I have had it for 2 days now. I was at the store the last night and had taken off my winter coat. I had a family come up to me and ask about my daycare. The mom said she saw my sweater, that's how she know I was a provider. :)

I only got it because I needed a new sweater and thought it would be nice to be able to write at lest part of it off (advertising) if not all of it. I like that fact that I has already started paying off. :D

momofnerds
03-06-2013, 08:35 AM
I was thinking of getting one too, now that its starting to get nice. Is the lettering embrodered or is it iron on.

BlueRose
03-06-2013, 08:37 AM
I sent a little extra and had it embroidered. I looks really nice. I am very happy with it. I am also think of getting a matching hat.

JennJubie
03-06-2013, 10:17 AM
I was thinking about getting one of these, too. They really are a great idea.

sunnydays
03-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Cool! Do they have things like T-shirts that the kids could wear? I really want a set of matching shirts for the kids (I already have sunhats) and it would be cool if they had my daycare name on them!

BlueRose
03-06-2013, 01:11 PM
They do have T-shirts for kids, but they are not embroidered. I got an adult one a few years ago and it didn't take long for the design to start coming off. Hopefully they have improved on them since them.

MonkeyMamma
03-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Your shirt looked great tonight :)

Momof4
03-06-2013, 08:42 PM
So many times I have thought of ordering a neon colour of shirt or hat to put on my dckids so that they are much easier to spot at parks when there is a large crowd. I get such a feeling of sickness in my stomach when I can't find one behind a pole or something even though it's just for a few seconds. The engraving of my daycare's name would just be a perk. Maybe this spring!

BlueRose
03-06-2013, 09:05 PM
The engraving of my daycare's name would just be a perk I would make sure the parents are ok with this first. As a parents I would not be happy if my provider did this for safety reasons. Not all kids understand that just because someone knows their name, that person can still be a stranger. With a park full of kids it would make it easier for someone to get the kids attention and lead them away.

Momof4
03-07-2013, 07:08 AM
No, I would never put the child's name on the hat, besides they would be reusable for the next batch of children, I would put my daycare name on the hat or tshirt, but I've often thought that a nice neon colour would be so wonderful and easy to spot. At the park where we play there is a Montessori school on the corner and when they have recess all of a sudden we are over run by about 100 children and I have to gather my little ones quickly to get out of there.

BlueRose
03-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Momof4 sorry I had miss read what you had wrote. Yes having a reusable daycare shirt for at the park would be great.