PDA

View Full Version : Story inspired craft- The Very Hungry Caterpillar

DaycareLady
03-07-2013, 07:55 AM
My toddler group loves when we do story inspired crafts! Linking the book to the craft just really gets them excited! This week we did The Very Hungry Caterpillar and I wanted to share our craft- too cute! Of course I helped a lot but they were all so excited to use their TOES to make the caterpillar! Parents loved this one as well!

apples and bananas
03-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Looks great and sounds like a lot of messy fun. I have not attempted the foot crafts yet... I'm thinking of working on a foot butterfly for mothers day. nervous about how they're going to take the feet in the paint,.

DisneyPrincess
03-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Haha I was just going to say the same Apples... thats what I am going to do for mother's day : The boot butterfly :D

DaycareLady
03-07-2013, 10:19 AM
I did the caterpillar with 4 babies, 3 toddlers and a 7 ear old with Autism and all of them turned out amazing! I did it over a few day though lol

torontokids
03-07-2013, 01:12 PM
I saw your post and did the same craft today with my kids. Only took a second to set everything up and they look awesome. Thanks for the idea.

SongSparrow
04-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Very cute craft, and one of my daughter's very favorite stories too! Almost all of our crafts are story-inspired at my house - I am a bit crazy for books. But the kids do get excited to make something related to our story :)

playfelt
04-23-2013, 11:07 PM
If you want to avoid the paint for making a foot butterfly what about just tracing their feet and cutting them out of fancy scrapbooking paper or glitter paper - buying the large shiny gift bags at the dollar store just for the shiny paper is the cheapest. The kids love standing on plain paper while I trace and gigggle around the toes. Then tell them when they are sleepign I am going to turn their traced feet into somethign special - then transfer the shapes and cut from the fancy paper. Then after nap we finish them up. We have done hands - two of each for butterflies too with one foot as the body of the butterfly. That could be used for mother`s day and attach to something.