PDA

View Full Version : Quad Stroller

BlueRose
03-07-2013, 12:43 PM
I am looking for a Quad stroller or 6 seat stroller that I can:

- Fold up
- Once folded will stand up (takes up less room)
- Can go through a regular door. (as I am in an apartment)
- Can go through Snow

Any suggestions on which one would be good?

Sandbox Sally
03-07-2013, 12:55 PM
The Foundations Quad is a miracle. It does all of the above.

BlueRose
03-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks I just looked it up on Amazon.ca and it looks nice.

torontokids
03-07-2013, 01:07 PM
How hard is it to push though? I have hesitated getting a quad as they look extremely hard to push, snow or summer.

BlueRose
03-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Anyone know where I can get one in Ottawa? Amazon.ca (comes from a 3rd party) is charging $467 just for shipping, that's more then the stroller costs.

@ trontokids I have never used one before, but have been told they are not the easiest things to push. I just need it to go across the street in the winter (school drop off/pick up) and around the block in the summer (to the park). I would love a wagon, but with being in an apartment just don't have the room.

playfelt
03-07-2013, 01:22 PM
All about kids sells them but forget what the price is. I got mine from a caregiver leaving care. I like it except for the brake as I got tired of holding it while trying to push so tied it off so it doesn't work anymore. Only use it on smooth roads and not in the snow so not sure about that part. It pushes ok but personally I do better pulling a wagon than pushing the cart.

giraffe
03-07-2013, 01:27 PM
There is no way that I would have been able to push a fully loaded foundations quad through the snow. That is the reason why I got ride of that stroller.

Artsand crafts
03-07-2013, 01:30 PM
I have an Angeles stroller and love it. It is suppose to fold bu have never done it. It is in the garage all the time. I choose that one over the Fundations because this one is suppose to have all terrain wheels. I never had the Fundations, but I am happy with this one. I tried it in the grass and with mild snow. You have to push a little harder there, but is not a big deal

Artsand crafts
03-07-2013, 01:32 PM
During normal days and terrains is very easy to push

sunnydays
03-07-2013, 01:32 PM
You can see the price in the All About Kids catalogue. I looked into getting one last year and found that people were selling them used on Kijiji for as much or more than I could get a new one at All About Kids. So make sure you check the price before looking at used ones. I also heard bad reviews about how hard they are to push, so that's why I didn't get one. I ended up with a Bye Bye Buggy, but it does not fold up, so wouldn't be good for you.

treeholm
03-07-2013, 01:38 PM
I have a foundations quad, but it is almost impossible to get through a regular door. On our way to the park, there is one place on a walking path that is a nightmare to try to get through. Sometimes I walk several blocks out of my way to avoid having to maneuver there. I am wishing I could get a runabout instead. Just a caution. Measure doors. I have good-sized doors, but it is still almost impossible even without the children in the stroller.

BlueRose
03-07-2013, 01:38 PM
For some reason the All About Kids Catalogue will not work on my computer. I will have to call them later.

playfelt
03-07-2013, 01:43 PM
For some reason the All About Kids Catalogue will not work on my computer. I will have to call them later.

Each section is very large and takes lots of time to download and open. Try clicking on the section you want and then minimizing it and coming back much later to look at it.

playfelt
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
To stand could you use a wooden wagon and then stand it on end but maybe attach a couple of strong castors to the end so that once lifted up it will wheel on the castors.

BlueRose
03-07-2013, 02:49 PM
anyone ever use the SureStop Folding Commercial Bye-Bye 4-Passenger Tandem Stroller
by Angeles?

BlueRose
03-07-2013, 02:50 PM
To stand could you use a wooden wagon and then stand it on end but maybe attach a couple of strong castors to the end so that once lifted up it will wheel on the castors.

that might just work.

BlueRose
03-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Each section is very large and takes lots of time to download and open. Try clicking on the section you want and then minimizing it and coming back much later to look at it.

each page comes up saying error 400 could not find

treeholm
03-07-2013, 03:10 PM
As for the snow, I cannot push my foundations quad stroller through snow at all. We don't leave the house between December and March LOL! Yesterday was the first day we were able to go for a walk since before Christmas. The stroller is very hard to push without snow.