PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing today ?

crafty
03-08-2013, 08:13 AM
So ... FRIDAY ... What are you up to with the kiddies today ?

For us, we are down 2 friends today so it will be quiet ... well I hope so. My little one is napping so I am just waitting for nap time to end so we can get outside. It is so nice out here right now. The others are playing with legos at the moment so I am enjoying my second cup of coffee. Legos have been a big deal over here for the past 2 weeks. hihihi

For luch we are having pancakes ... It just feels like spring and when I think spring I think maple sirup. So ... just a treat for Friday ;0)

Other than that we will be taking it easy ... I will follow the leaders :D

Have a HAPPY Friday and AWSOME weekend !!

apples and bananas
03-08-2013, 08:55 AM
It sounds like you are going to have a nice finish to the week.

We have spent the morning reading books and playing with potatoe heads! That's the big toy around this house lately. They think it's funny when the potate has 3 sets of eyes lol. Then it's outside in a few minutes, I see the sun! Then lunch will be left over chicken parm from dinner last night with some veg. QUIET TIME! WOO HOO!

We have a birthday girl tomorrow so my quiet time will be full of cupcake making and party decorating. Some crafting this afternoon using glue, paper and a whole lotta tissue ripped up (and cut with scissors for the bigger kids still learning)

Home time and date night for me.

It's a good friday!

I love doing pancakes once in a while for the daycare kids. They think it's such a treat. I give them a whole bunch of cut up fruit and they make their own fruit faces on the pancakes. They love it!

Happy Friday everyone.

mimi
03-08-2013, 09:02 AM
We are doing a St. Patricks Day craft. Pot of gold with coloured letter pasta for the rainbow, some shamrocks and a few pennies glued onto the pot for the gold.

Bookworm
03-08-2013, 09:31 AM
This morning consisted of pretending to be different animals while listening to classical music (they acted like the animal the music reminded them of). As well as standing at my front window staring at all the construction happening on my street. (This has been the favourite past time for the past few weeks as they are replacing the sewage system on our street...so our theme for this month is construction!)
Lunch is going to be chicken tenders and veggies.
After quiet time we are going to go for a walk and enjoy the sun.

mlle.coccinelle
03-08-2013, 10:09 AM
today i'm feeling under the weather, so we are having a ''quiet day'' we read books and learned about letters....
for lunch we are having quinoa and couscous salad with tons of veggies and yogourt
This afternoon I dont know yet. hopefully I will feel better and we can do our '' clean mud'' experience!

Tonight I have an interview so I need to fit in some '' cleaning'' during nap time

dodge__driver11
03-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Well today my one family is on an EDO, and my other dcb has a fever, and ds son is at school...ahhh the peace.....

Happy Friday ya'll!

Cheers to the weekend :)

Naftafia
03-08-2013, 11:28 AM
We had a wonderful morning painting snow with spray bottles, playing ball in the playroom and reading books. Friday's are always are very laid back days. For lunch we had make your own wraps, which the kids love. This afternoon we are watching a movie and eating cookies. The movie will be interupted by our walk to school, after which we will have a vote to either continue the movie or play outside.... most often they pick outside.
Happy friday to everyone!

sunnydays
03-08-2013, 11:45 AM
It was sooooo beauitful out this morning that we spent most of the morning outside and the kids did snow painting with spray bottles (I guess great minds think alike...LOL). We had French toast and fruit for lunch as a treat (I often do sweet potato pancakes on Fridays or French toast...easy for me and they love it...a nice way to end the week and the clean-up is easy). We didn't do any art this week due to my bad back and being in survival mode...but at least we got outside for a good amount of time every day :) And they did art via spraying the snow. Sometimes I spray letters onto the snow for the kids to read ;) Have a great weekend everyone!

crafty
03-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Great days for the most part !! Sorry Mlle. Coccinelle for not feeling so well. Hope you get better really soon.

Well this AM went by quickly. Kids are already down for naps. While I was reading to them 2 of them asked for dodo haha. Poor kids, daycare is exhausting ;)

We played 1h30 outside. We took a nice walk and colored snow as well. That's always fun.

We will probably go back outside this afternoon... I don't like wasting sunshine ;0)

mommylove
03-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Busy morning playing and making a big mess as usual, we made a card for our birthday girl with hand prints and paint, then we painted our own pictures, read 5 books (they just kept coming), built a huge tower(lego) and knocked it down, cleaned up all of our messes then chinese food for lunch yummy :) after nap (thank the lord) which i am spending on my front porch with my hubby The big ones will arrive, snack and our usual walk and go to the park.....then pick ups and deep breaths and relax......tgif people!!!!

YAY for friday

monkeymama
03-08-2013, 12:04 PM
I have 2 dck that started early vacation today so just one dcg and my two kids.....we went to the grocery store, then had snack at timmys for a treat! the two little ones are napping and my dd and i are watching a movie....great friday!

torontokids
03-08-2013, 12:05 PM
We dropped off our b&a kid then went for a walk. Stopped off at daycare, ate another snack (they are eating a lot today) got dressed again and went to the park. A little bit of a later then usual lunch, paid for it with 3 y o over tired and crying. He is falling asleep though now. Lunch we had rice, chicken, corn and black beans. They are now super tired and I think I will get a good break.

mlle.coccinelle
03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
ahah! after all that walking you will get a good break for sure! :) Happy friday :)

torontokids
03-08-2013, 12:53 PM
I wish, he woke up after 20 mins and has been crying since. My girls are not sleeping well anymore either since he came on the scene. I need my break! I totally feel it in the afternoon when I don't get it.

playfelt
03-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Day of exhaustion here. Kids all have been recovering so energy is still zapped by 9am. Both little ones napped from 8 am to 10:30 and were down cause they were crying and up because I woke them. They went back down no issues just after 1 pm. Next week I keep telling myself we will all feel like actually playing. The two older girls got to take advantage of the time by having table activities we only do while babies sleep because of the smaller pieces so pretty calm day for me but as long as everyone is happy then I am happy.

My new 11 month old will start a couple days next week for short visits then longer the two weeks after that and start April 2 so we will be back into baby mode although he seemed like a pretty easy go lucky type kid at the interview and from what parents said. It has to go great with this one because I have actually filled my fall space when one leaves for school with the cousin of the new one so they won't like it if he doesn't like it.

Artsand crafts
03-08-2013, 12:58 PM
We went to the OEYC for the whole morning and came back fur lunch and nap time... Kids love it there. I think is because they get to see a different environment and more kids. We had shrimp and broccoli noodles. Now they are sleeping. I was suppose to have an interview after nap time, but they just rescheduled it for next week. Now instead of free play I think we will be painting and maybe some outdoor time since it is a nice whether Today.

FSD
03-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Isn't it beautiful outside?!! Spring is definitely in the air!! :) We played outside this morning, enjoying the sunshine. I also made pancakes for lunch! Delish!! Now, waiting for them to wake so we can head back out after snack! Enjoy the day, and remember...it's FRIDAY!!!

Lou
03-08-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm snuggling with my newborn today :) And every day until I'm back in business on April 8th!

Momof4
03-08-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm snuggling with my newborn today :) And every day until I'm back in business on April 8th!

Oh, I've been wondering about your new baby, yay you!!! Congrats!!! Missed you.

It was a beautiful day today and I met two caregiver friends at a park and we had some great grown up conversation while we watched our daycare children. By the time we got back for lunch and naptime the day flew by. I love these kinds of days and I've been missing them throughout our crazy rainy/freezing/no quality snow winter.