PDA

View Full Version : Very embarrassing - Hope someone can help

Julie
06-24-2011, 06:16 AM
I am going to the Dr tonight after all my kids go home. But i have an annoying itch down there. It started 3 days ago was really bad on the first day was more my uvula i think thats what it is called that was itchy but know it more inside no odor no burning and not sore just an itch that wont go away it not really bad but like an annoying itch. I tryed using monistat last night thinking it might help but it a little worse now it feels like its dry but it's not or like when you have a tampon that not in rite and you can feel it that's what it feels like. What could it be. iv read that u can get infections from friction of intercourse but i don't know im so embarrassed to go to the Dr but i have to go so it doesn't get worse rite. :o

playfelt
06-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Ging to the doctor is a good idea. You are probably thinking along the right lines in terms of an infection. Anything that aggrevates that area will itch, burn, or hurt in some way. A yeast infection is the most likely cause meaning you were on the right track with the monostat but only the doctor will be able to tell you for sure and he will probably give you something stronger that will do a better job. Good for you for recognizing when it is time to get medical help and don't worry because it is a very common complaint that doctors see all the time.

KingstonMom
06-24-2011, 07:23 AM
Mosquito bite?? Either way, it sucks, tell the doc anyways, they hear it all.

Skysue
06-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Good luck!

mamaof4
06-24-2011, 12:19 PM
I'd go to the doc. But don't worry they have heard everything, and then some

Julie
07-05-2011, 10:51 AM
I'd go to the doc. But don't worry they have heard everything, and then some

Just wanted to say thanks for the encouragement to go to the Dr i did that day i wrote this and i just had a yeast infection gross but at least i new and was treating it. never had one before and hope to god i never get one again. Thanks again

playfelt
07-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Glad things went well for you. Always worrisome when we dont' know what is wrong with our bodies because we tend to think the worst. Hope the meds worked quickly. And the good news is next time if it happens you will know right away when the feeling/itching is coming on that it is time to get help so it goes away faster.

nesya
12-14-2011, 04:49 PM
try over the counter medications first. if doesnt go then think of visiting the doc if u r not comfortable