PDA

View Full Version : Part time

Vtorrance
03-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi everyone question about part time care. Do you charge them for stats? I have a client that wants tues wed thurs so they will never be here on a stat day. What should I do? Thanks

mommyof2princesses
03-14-2013, 07:31 PM
I only charge for stats if a child would regularly attend on that day.

Skysue
03-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi,

You can't charge them STAT's unless it falls on there day just make sure they pay there 3 day minimum regardless of attendance.

Artsand crafts
03-14-2013, 08:06 PM
When I was with an agency and had part timers they never charged for stats if the child was not attending. Doing so will make you less attractive than other providers and agencies that are not charging for them.

Vtorrance
03-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Ok thanks I wasn't going to charge part time children but I heard a few people do so I was curious what you guys would do. Thanks I am going with my gut.

mom-in-alberta
03-15-2013, 09:24 AM
I only charge my P/T families STAT if it is a day that they would normally be there.

apples and bananas
03-15-2013, 10:40 AM
I charge part time clients for a 3 day min regardless or sick, stats etc. I allow them to change their days to get their 3 days if I have the availability only. Part times in my care pay for enrollment not usage.

Momof4
03-15-2013, 04:28 PM
For part-timers I have a 3 day/week minimum and charge a higher fee because they can schedule around stat days. However, once your calendar is marked for every Tues, Wed, Thurs make sure they know those days are payable every single week no matter if they miss a day for any reason, including sickness. I think July 1st is the only day that might fall on a different day besides Monday, so make sure they know that will be payable if it falls on one of their days. In other words, no matter what happens they are paying for 3 days/week.

mom-in-alberta
03-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Christmas Day and Remembrance Day could, too. :)

daycaremom9
03-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Christmas Day and Remembrance Day could, too. :)Just wondering if anyone is closed for Easter Monday? I am and it seems that some parents are annoyed about that.

Momof4
03-16-2013, 11:20 PM
The iffy days I'm closed for are Easter Monday, Christmas Eve Day and Family Day but not Remembrance Day. I have a dcMom who works for the federal government and they don't get Family Day but they do get Remembrance Day. You can't please everyone so do what is best for you.

I started closing for the Christmas Eve Day because a family took advantage of me and kept their child here all day so they could finish their shopping. I have things to do and a family too! As long as it's listed in your contract parents can book the day off with their employer when they book their vacations. I haven't had any complaints from my clients.

treeholm
03-17-2013, 02:46 PM
I close Easter Monday (as well as Good Friday, of course). I was thinking I should remind parents of that this week, because some of them may not check their contract to see my list of paid stat holidays. I also take Family Day as a paid stat. I don't charge for Christmas Eve day because I take two weeks unpaid vacation between about December 20th and the first week of January, so they don't pay for New Year's Day either. I do not close for Remembrance Day.

sunnydays
03-17-2013, 08:28 PM
I close with fees paid on Easter Monday. Like Momof4, I also close with pay on Christmas Eve (I just added that this year) and I also close with pay Family Day and Rememberance Day (added that this year too).

mom-in-alberta
03-18-2013, 03:37 PM
I have Easter Mon listed as a day that I MAY close. I am not this year, because I just re-opened at the beginning of the month. LoL

Vtorrance
03-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm closed Good Friday for the stat and Easter mon but only charge for Good Friday. I don't charge for none stat days even though I'm closed.