PDA

View Full Version : OH pintrest and Etsy!

mlle.coccinelle
03-15-2013, 02:55 PM
So, every day, during naptime... after cleaning up lunch mess and preparing most of afternoon snack... I get on my computer and go on Pintrest or sometimes on etsy to find fun stuff to do with the kiddos....

and Look at that I found today!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/64922373/pirate-adventure-card-table-playhouse?

This is absolutely genious! Guess what i'll be doing for the next few weeks :P :yes:

I looooove pintrest :wub:

aplacetogrow
03-15-2013, 03:13 PM
This is Amazing! What a Fabulous and Fun Idea!

mlle.coccinelle
03-15-2013, 03:27 PM
No kidding! I only wish i would have found that earlyer! We are going to have lots of fun playing dress up in that!

playfelt
03-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Oh wow that would be so much fun. I have visions of putting it onto a bigger table like an adult 6 foot table - ie full ship length and big enough for everyone. That would be so neat. Great find.

sunnydays
03-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Wow! fun! Are you going to make it or buy it? I am not a sewer, so making it would be out of the question for me...but looks awesome!

mlle.coccinelle
03-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Oh! i'm going to make it for sure! I'll do it for our big kitchen table and what's great about it, si that I can work on one pannel at the time...! I'll probably do the ''door'' pannel and one other one this weekend and in a few weeks add more to it!

I dont think it will be very complicated to make.. Just very veyr long! ahaha But it will be a fun project!

mom-in-alberta
03-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Super awesome! You could probably whip up a simple frame for it, using PVC piping. Yep. I am on Pinterest a LOT also. LoL
I have been meaning to do that with the piping for a while now. *Sigh* If only I had the time/energy for all the things I have pinned!!
Honestly though, I have tried tons of ideas from there. Every time I find a new recipe, I tell my family that they can thank Pinterest!
;)

mlle.coccinelle
03-18-2013, 10:11 AM
ahaha yeah!! :P I'm probably just gonna use my big kitchen table to do it.... I don't have lots of storage place so the PVC pipe wouldn't work for us.... One day, when we have a house of our own with a basement, I will make the biggest pvc fort you will have ever seen.......!! until then, under the table fort will do ;)

bright sparks
03-18-2013, 11:44 AM
The owner of the etsy store actually sells patterns in her store also for those of us would need a pattern to follow. It looks straight forward enough to make but I think Id just lack the self confidence to do it without instructions.

mlle.coccinelle
03-18-2013, 12:46 PM
yeah, but she doesn't sell the pattern for all the very fun one... like the pirate or the carwash! She only sells for the very basic one...! but it can give someone a very good base indeed!

playfelt
03-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Instead of making the playhouse idea I could see making just the side with the appliques and then hanging that on the wall behind where you would set up the centre that coordinates. That way kids could come and go and you would still be able to supervise and the tent wouldn't just get stuffed with mess and no room for kids. They are cute but all the decorations are on the outside where the kids aren't so once inside it is just a blanket over a table.