PDA

View Full Version : Canada Day activities/crafts

mlc1982
06-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Are you doing anything special with the kids to celebrate Canada Day? Any certain foods, activities, crafts that you're doing?

waterloo day mom
06-28-2011, 10:49 AM
red and white sprinkle cookies, and a craft

http://www.create-kids-crafts.com/canada-day-crafts-for-kids.html

Play and Learn
06-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Well, we're going to celebrate on Thursday, and wear white and red. It's also dcb's last day....it'll be a sad day. The 2 that I have get along so well together!

playfelt
06-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I will be creating a flag for them from construction paper that will fit on a half paper plate. They will decorate the plate as desired, glue on the flag and then staple red and white crepe paper streamers to the flat edge of the plate. We will take them outside weather willing so they can hang in the tree or on the fence till home time. Otherwise I will turn on the ceiling fan so the streamers will fly and then we will pin them to the front door for going home. We have been eating white apple slices and red strawbery slices just like the red and white on the flag. Wed is the last day for my teacher's child who will also be home on mat leave so we will do special snacks. - krispie squares but with red sprinkles put on them before they set.

Skysue
06-28-2011, 06:40 PM
We made flags! Take white paper put red paint on there hand and make in imprint in the centre of the page then paint each side red! Soooo cute there hands are the maple leaf. Craft for all ages!

Spixie33
06-28-2011, 08:28 PM
We made flags! Take white paper put red paint on there hand and make in imprint in the centre of the page then paint each side red! Soooo cute there hands are the maple leaf. Craft for all ages!

LOL ! what to do with my gang while they were all here and this is exactly what my Monday brain came up with. Great minds think alike. :thumbsup:

And here I thought my idea was so unique. lol

The 2 year olds didn't really manage to make ONLY the sides red or save much white space for their hand print but they still enjoyed painting with red paint on white paper.
The preschoolers did great and the flags came out really nice:star:

Skysue
06-28-2011, 09:49 PM
LOL ! what to do with my gang while they were all here and this is exactly what my Monday brain came up with. Great minds think alike. :thumbsup:

And here I thought my idea was so unique. lol

The 2 year olds didn't really manage to make ONLY the sides red or save much white space for their hand print but they still enjoyed painting with red paint on white paper.
The preschoolers did great and the flags came out really nice:star:

My 3 years olds came out great and my one year olds loved getting there hands full of paint, I did the sides for them and of course washed there hands right away! LOL

mlc1982
06-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Oooh, I like that paint idea. I might have to do that with my kiddies instead of coloring a maple leaf to make our flag. We will be doing it tomorrow since that is when I'll have my full group of kids.