PDA

View Full Version : Tabletop activities for toddlers?

GymMom
03-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Any ideas besides play doh, paint, crayons, etc for 1 year olds?

Thanks!😊

Dreamalittledream
03-19-2013, 10:51 AM
I have booster seats with chairs that I contain them in for activities such as...
Sorting activities (eg. egg carton with diff colored plastic eggs)
Pouring one thing to another (a bowl of macaroni and some scoops)
Some paint & tiny rubber toys in a zip lock bag tape it down and let them squish it around (mess free!)
I Spy Board books (mine go crazy over these!)
Pudding painting
Connect 4 game
Cookie tray with magnets
I could go on...;)

playfelt
03-19-2013, 12:45 PM
I use games that have lots of pieces such as sorting or matching games I have made - even a pile of children's patterned socks or pieces of fabric with lots of textures to sort and find pairs. This is when you do things that you don't want all over the place, are working on a specific skill, and it is a time when the little ones get to use items not safe to be left out all the time.

I got trays from the dollar store and they put their activity on a tray. I put little ones in their high chairs and the older ones use the table. I can seat up to 6 at my table and put an activity at each place. The rule is you may move to any open space but you must finish with what you are doing first by putting the pieces back ready for the next person to have a turn.

Crayola kiddies
03-19-2013, 01:32 PM
I got bins with lids from the dollar store and I put rice and lentils in one with a spoon and funnels and a couple of toy tractors with trailers, and another has two big magnets with plastic handles and lots of metal things like big bolts, washers, nuts, anything that I could find on my husbands work bench, and the other two have different colored pasta. im going to get a few more and put different colored pompoms in one and maybe put some feathers in another. I put the kids at the table and they rotate around so everybody gets a turn. and the babies get free roam of the playroom.