PDA

View Full Version : Messy Eater!!!

JennJubie
03-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Oh boy, you expect kids to be messy eaters, but I have never seen one as messy as the one I have now. I swear he tries to absorb the food through the skin on his face, legs and arms :laugh: I've never had to have such an intensive lunch clean up before, and I've seen some pretty messy eaters! :laugh:

mom-in-alberta
03-19-2013, 02:54 PM
I had a TWO year old that was the messiest eater I have ever seen. Drove me nuts. Rubbed it all over his face, wouldn't use utensils, mushed it into his hair. Mom was super laid back, and I think she just never taught him any table manners!

Artsand crafts
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
I use aprons for the messy ones. The kind that covers arms and are long...That helps a lot:yes:

JennJubie
03-19-2013, 03:52 PM
I had a TWO year old that was the messiest eater I have ever seen. Drove me nuts. Rubbed it all over his face, wouldn't use utensils, mushed it into his hair. Mom was super laid back, and I think she just never taught him any table manners!

Yep. Pretty much the same here. He will actually drag whatever he is eating up his face, into his hair and then smash it into his lap. I ended up putting him in old t-shirts to catch a good deal of the mess. But then he paints the table and the chair too.....

playfelt
03-19-2013, 05:01 PM
I would just put him back on the non messy finger foods I give the infants. Not worth dealing with the mess.

mommylove
03-19-2013, 06:40 PM
MY son is one......tonight he took his plate and wore it on his head and said "hat" urggg.......its all over him from head to toe :blink::huh:

SecondAve
03-20-2013, 05:19 PM
You can get some great bibs from Ikea. They cover the entire chest and arms. Good for eating and craft time.

Dreamalittledream
03-20-2013, 07:50 PM
You can get some great bibs from Ikea. They cover the entire chest and arms. Good for eating and craft time.

I have these and LOVE them! Going on my 3 rd year, same bibs...good as new! The worst for me are my babies who have dogs at home and drop food constantly. Don't like it...plop....aarrrrg gghhh

Bookworm
03-21-2013, 06:56 AM
I too have several messy eaters. I have brothers who somehow always manage to stuff food down by their bums so when I take them out of their seats, they have food stuck to their bums. I have the Ikea bibs too, and love them, but somehow they still manage to get around those suckers. :(