PDA

View Full Version : Spring celebration

mlle.coccinelle
03-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Tomorrow is spring.. FINALLY!!!:laugh:

are you guys doing anything fun with the kiddos?

I'm planing on making catapillars out of egg cartons and some pretty flowers to decorate my living room that much more! ;)

I'm also planing on having an inside picnic !

what about you?

mom-in-alberta
03-19-2013, 02:52 PM
I wasn't planning anything... but I am now!! Totally stealing your ideas. Hahaha :laugh:
And maybe make some coffee filter flowers?

mlle.coccinelle
03-19-2013, 03:03 PM
AHah! that's totally fine! I stole my Idea from my sister in law that has a dayhome in Québec ;)

those are the flowers i am going to make : http://www.etsy.com/listing/75057591/spring-flower-streamers-craft-kit-purple?

I didn't get the Kit off Etsy but I'm taking the Idea for sure :P We will use some ''gems'' instead of the buttons though! the girls are going to love it!

daycaremom9
03-19-2013, 03:27 PM
AHah! that's totally fine! I stole my Idea from my sister in law that has a dayhome in Québec ;)

those are the flowers i am going to make : http://www.etsy.com/listing/75057591/spring-flower-streamers-craft-kit-purple?

I didn't get the Kit off Etsy but I'm taking the Idea for sure :P We will use some ''gems'' instead of the buttons though! the girls are going to love it!

Flowers we haven't done here!lol. I love them and we're going to make them also. I've been thinking about buying a container of those buttons. Perhaps this will give me more incentive.

Momof4
03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm just hoping we can go outside for a bit because it's still sooooooo freezing outside. We are making all our Easter crafts this week so that's keeping us busy.

playfelt
03-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Having a hard time getting into any spring type of feeling as I watch another 10 cm of snow fall.

mlle.coccinelle
03-19-2013, 06:20 PM
ahhha i know your pain, we are expecting some snow this week too,not as much as you guys....! but I can't wait to see yellowish grass! ahaha

mimi
03-20-2013, 08:58 AM
You know the Hawaiian wreaths you can buy at the dollar store? I take them apart and the kids put a few of the flowers on green pipe cleaners and then I secure them. They make a lovely bouquet to give to mom at pick up.
My dcg who is 18 months looked out her window this am, saw we had more snow, and said "more?" shook her head and walked away from the window.(as her mom told me) Even the kids are tired of this weather.
Happy Spring Everyone :unsure::)

mlle.coccinelle
03-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Mimi, do you have a picture of the bouquet? I'm visual...so Its really hard for me to imagine it :laugh: I guess that's why I love Pintrest so much ;)

I Went at walmart yesterday to get some green paint because I knew I didn't have enough to do catapillars today and they were OUT! :blink: I guess a lot of you airdrie care givers went before me :P
:laugh:

sunnydays
03-20-2013, 12:18 PM
I wasn't planning to do anything for spring, but we are doing Easter stuff all week because I'll be closed next week. Friday we will have an egg hunt :)

crafty
03-20-2013, 12:22 PM
A parent sent us homemade cookies to celebrate spring and there was one for me too and it was delicious ! I love my parents ;0) We also made the coffee filter flowers with food coloring and we were able to play outside. However sliding in the snow and going for a toboggan ride hardly feels like spring.

mimi
03-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Mlle.c I'm like you, I need to see a photo as well, unfortunately I don't have one but if you see the lei(sorry not a wreath) it is a bunch of flowers on string with little holes which is easy to put a pipe cleaner through. Just twist the pipe cleaner at the top for a bud so the flowers won't fall off.:)

mlle.coccinelle
03-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Oh! that makes more sense lol! I was thinking.... How the heck did she make flowers out of those :laugh:

I think i'll have to stop by the dollar store this week :)