PDA

View Full Version : Teachers only kids

shopgirl
03-25-2013, 10:37 AM
So I plan on opening a daycare for teachers only. Since hubby and I run another business I dont need to do this for alot of cash but more a reason of just loving it.
how hard is it to get teachers only? i dont plan on charging for xmas, march break, stats or summer so that is a plus but is there a market out there? I am REALLY trying to open for september but with all the stuff to do it might have to wait till Jan. what are the chances you could get teachers mid-year?
anyone have experience with teachers only??

cfred
03-25-2013, 11:06 AM
I would think you might have them beating down your door once they catch wind of your policies! LOL.....I don't offer time off unpaid, aside from a few sick days and only offer 1/2 pay in summer. And truthfully, I'd rather take someone else over a teacher simply from the income aspect. Really sell that aspect of your daycare hard. Put it right out front to let teachers know that you're offering a schedule just for them. Not many of us do that.

Once people know what you offer, I don't think you'll have a problem :)

Crayola kiddies
03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Put up your ad in the local schools or ask the office staff to put it on their teacher website/ news letter and don't forget the high schools too. A lot of teachers will snap you up if they don't have to pay for the breaks but how will you know if they are coming back in the fall ? Will you ask for a two week deposit to hold their spot in sept?

Trace of Angels
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
I agree with Cfred. I think you will have them beating down your door especially if you offer them the summer, march break and Christmas break free of payment.......Good Luck and I think you will be very successful !

playfelt
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Don't forget to advertise at the highschools too in the sense that when we advertise at the public schools we are usually aiming our ads at parents but high school teachers need care too. At both schools ask if you can post an ad in their teacher lounge.

shopgirl
03-25-2013, 12:56 PM
thanks! when i first started lurking here last year i was opening a full time daycare. My husband and I own a family business It doesn't always do well. i watched kids for 4 years till they all went off to school last year. It was my passion. I wanted to do it full time all while running the paperwork of the business. So new plan is cause we dont need the full income this year, I would do teachers only and be able to give them a break. That way i can easily establish my daycare when i need it to be full time whether one year from now or 5. I am very thankful I have that opportunity.

crayola kids - that is a good point about holding there spot.. something i will have to think about

my only issue is are there enought teachers who need home daycare? who have small childre..who live in my city.. not sure