PDA

View Full Version : Quad stroller-single row or side by side?

Cares
03-26-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm planning on purchasing the runabout quad stroller very soon (yippee!), but I have NO idea if I should order the side by side, or the single row. Any thoughts or experiences? We live in a subdivision, my main concern is the sidewalks (standard width, fairly new subdivision so they aren't the old really narrow sidewalks from the old subdivisions).
The side by side is significantly cheaper, but I don't want it if the single row is much easier to deal with.
Thank you in advance!

PattyCake
03-26-2013, 08:38 PM
I have a side by side quad and although I love it, it does not fit well through many door ways. I also have to move my van out of the driveway to get it out from the backyard where I keep it. If I had to make the decision again I'd go with a single row.

ladyjbug
03-26-2013, 09:01 PM
I have the 4 x 8 runabout and it works quite well in standard doorways and fits wonderfully on sidewalks. I suspect the 4 side by side would be similar. Happy to help!

Trace of Angels
03-26-2013, 09:04 PM
I've heard the runabouts are really great. I tried to order a quad side by side runabout but they only did the straight row in a four at that time. So I choose the Angele Bye Bye Buggy. I like that the front wheels pivot on my bye bye buggy and it is a strong, sturdy, commercial grade stroller. For me lifting to turn was not something I wanted to do but I hear they are very easy to push even though you have to lift to turn. Mine is very easy to push as well but not that great in the snow.
I've not met a single DCP that has a runabout that doesn't like it.........
Are they making the runabout in the quad side by side now?

Cares
03-27-2013, 09:44 AM
I don't know if they're making the side by side. Roger Berg emailed me back (offering a great price, they're having a big sale right now for March, but he's extending it for me), he gave some info on the single row quad. I like that it is a 4 seater, but easily converts to a 3 seater. Perfect for now, since I have 3 babies. Come Sept I'll have 4 babies.
But now I'm thinking do I maybe need the quint??! I don't really want one that big though. I don't think the quint can be a 4 seater... Ishould ask.

Cares
03-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Oh, wait. He did say on the quint, some daycares use only 3 or 4 of the seats and then it grows with them. Hmmmmm.....

playfelt
03-27-2013, 01:05 PM
I was just going to mention the need for 5 seats rather than 4. The great thing about those strollers is that you can put an older child in a seat too so there could be times when you would prefer to put all the kids in and go for a nice long walk at your distance and pace. I used to do that with my wagon putting them all in and heading out as soon as everyone got here and we would walk for an hour or so and then home to have naps.

Cares
03-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks all.

Does anyone know what the Rock n Roll is?? I can't find out what it actually does! He gave it to me no charge.... didn't say what it was though.

Spixie33
03-27-2013, 09:12 PM
I ordered a quad runabout from Roger about a year ago. I don't remember seeing that it came as a side by side.

Mine is in a single row and I am really happy with it. No issues to get through the doors at the school and we can pass other people on the sidewalk without issue.

I think it becomes a side by side stroller once you get to 5 seats +

DisneyPrincess
03-28-2013, 07:07 AM
I was lucky to find 2 of the same double stroller at very cheap price, one at 30$ at the second hand store and the same same one on kijiji for 80$. My husband took off the wheels on one side of one stroller and fix both strollers together with steel bars. Quad stroller for almost just a 100$ :)

Yes it is wide and fits just even to the sidewalk so problem is, if I dont drive straight it falls off to the side, its pretty annoying. But I live in a development where we dont have sidewalk unless I go to the park from the main street, so I'm fine.