PDA

View Full Version : Cupcake question

Spixie33
03-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi...this may be silly but are you supposed to spray the cupcake liners before you fill batter into them or not? And by spraying I mean with Pam or some other non stick spray.

I have been spraying the muffin/cupcake liners for years but I am always disappointed that the nice design of the wrapper gets ruined.

Is it because I am spraying them inside?

I am going to make Easter cupcakes tonight and not sure what to do to make the Easter pattern more visible and not turn into a mushy looking design

momofnerds
03-27-2013, 11:59 AM
no you don't spray them. The reason you don't see the design as much is because of the oil in the batter. Add less oil and they should be fine.

KingstonMom
03-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes, you should only need to spray the tin is if you are not using the paper cups.

Spixie33
03-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks ! :) Hopefully we will actually see our Easter design paper this time :D:D

playfelt
03-27-2013, 12:54 PM
You don't spray the inside of the papers but do let the cupcakes cool completely before trying to peel the papers off or the cake will stick to the paper.

mom-in-alberta
03-27-2013, 02:54 PM
FYI: when I am just making muffins, or non "theme" cupcakes, I have been using the foil style liners, because they are awesome. The muffin/cupcake just peels right out!