PDA

View Full Version : Information on Parents

BCParent
07-01-2011, 02:29 PM
I thought there was a section on here where you could plug in a parents phone number and see if there was any feedback on them. Am I mistaken or is it now gone or was it on another site?

mamaof4
07-02-2011, 04:27 PM
I edited the title to give more information on the topic :)

BCParent
07-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks. I guess as a moderator, you don't know where it went on the site then? lol...

Judy Trickett
07-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Hey, yeah, where DID that go? You can still look up providers and see reviews but why not parents???

playfelt
07-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Probably because there would be no good reviews. And like everything there are circumstances that no one would know about so it makes the reviews useless. It also makes a provider look very unprofessional to post a complaint about a parent. If you have a good family that needs to move to a new caregiver feel free to give them a letter of introduction just as we would get a letter of reference and detail good points like pays on time, doesn't question the requirements, etc.

mamaof4
07-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks. I guess as a moderator, you don't know where it went on the site then? lol...

No, I am sorry I have no idea, I can ask the admin, but otherwise I have no idea

Emilys4Guppies
07-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Does it make parents look unprofessional to post complaints about providers?

playfelt
07-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Does it make parents look unprofessional to post complaints about providers?

Of course it does but they have nothing to lose where we have everything.

Myrtah
07-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I think everyone should have access to these reviews.
I have posted good and bad reviews as a parent. I do not think it is unprofessional.
I do not think parents decide just based on these reviews. I would talk to the provider about both good and bad reviews and hear her out.

BCParent
07-05-2011, 01:43 PM
I think everyone should have access to these reviews.
I have posted good and bad reviews as a parent. I do not think it is unprofessional.
I do not think parents decide just based on these reviews. I would talk to the provider about both good and bad reviews and hear her out.

I am looking for reviews on the parents based on the Daycare's Perspective - there was an option on here but now it's gone.

horsegirl
07-05-2011, 06:06 PM
You have to be so careful with the legal (slander) issue. In fact parents can be slapped with a slander charge if they say anything that could prevent a caregiver from getting business. The opposite is true also you can't say anything that may cause a parent from getting a spot in a daycare. The only question that should be asked is "would you take this family in your daycare again?" or "would you register your child is this daycare again"? This suggestion came from a lawyer.

Be careful!!

mom-in-alberta
07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Hmmm.... I have only been "here" for a couple of months, and didn't even know that this used to be an option.
I honestly don't think I would use this feature. I prefer to get to know a family, on my own volition. I think sometimes people's personalities don't mesh well, and that would make for a large number of the "BAD" reviews. I know that this sometimes means that I can end up with lemon-family, haha. But I would rather discover that myself than have my opinion colored with someone elses.
Didn't mean this to sound preachy or anything.... I just wanted to weigh in, since I didn't even know there was such a thing!! :)

BCParent
07-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Way I see it - I want to know the non-payers and those who mess around (I just got screwed over by a new family earlier this week and now am without income). It is not slander/libel/defamation when it's factual. If you stray from the facts and make it personal or put emotion in it, it can be a legal issue for sure. I think that most people would be able to read through the lines and see whether it's a personality conflict or a true issue, you know? But overall, there are reviews on everything out there in the world and opinions, so why not on parents?

Judy Trickett
07-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Way I see it - I want to know the non-payers and those who mess around (I just got screwed over by a new family earlier this week and now am without income). It is not slander/libel/defamation when it's factual. If you stray from the facts and make it personal or put emotion in it, it can be a legal issue for sure. I think that most people would be able to read through the lines and see whether it's a personality conflict or a true issue, you know? But overall, there are reviews on everything out there in the world and opinions, so why not on parents?

BCParent...........t his is why all providers need to start up a LOCAL forum in their area that is private and only for providers in your city.:yes:

BCParent
07-06-2011, 04:01 PM
BCParent...........t his is why all providers need to start up a LOCAL forum in their area that is private and only for providers in your city.:yes:

Good Point! I already have a website and forum - it would be easy enough to elabaorate on. I think I shall do this! :yes:

horsegirl
07-06-2011, 05:36 PM
BCParent let me know when your forum is set up as myself and others in the area would be interested in getting involved.
Also, I know of a few caregivers in our area that have taken parents to small claims court and because they had a contract with everything outlined as to the payment schedule the parents had to pay the money owed as well as the loss of income for the caregiver's time while at court. It is not as difficult as it seems to file a claim.

BCParent
07-06-2011, 07:45 PM
BCParent let me know when your forum is set up as myself and others in the area would be interested in getting involved.
Also, I know of a few caregivers in our area that have taken parents to small claims court and because they had a contract with everything outlined as to the payment schedule the parents had to pay the money owed as well as the loss of income for the caregiver's time while at court. It is not as difficult as it seems to file a claim.

Wonderful - will do! I have it semi set up and will finish up tonight and will send you a PM and give you the info. :)

I have a parent I should have taken to court a while back but they are ever skilled at changing daycares and rental homes and it's hard to keep up with them. Grr!

Myrtah
07-11-2011, 02:24 PM
I am looking for reviews on the parents based on the Daycare's Perspective - there was an option on here but now it's gone.

Oh ok.:)
Any case you cannot see reviews on parents and parents cannot see reviews on providers ( because the providers have an option to hide it)..so conclusion- it is useless to post reviews.
Did not know that you could plug in phone numbers and read reviews..since I do not recollect seeing a "visible" option:)

Sarah
07-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi,

The option is not gone.

You have to log as a member, where you can manage your daycare description, places, etc... Look at the left, you have like 4 menu option. One of them is Parent's registry

Have fun searching!