PDA

View Full Version : Didn't want to jinx it

torontokids
04-03-2013, 01:16 PM
I didn't want to post this until near the end of nap time but my new boy went straight to sleep (of course after dumping his cup of milk all over himself and the play pen) and didn't even let out a whimper. From the screecher to the best sleeper. It makes such a difference in my day!

sunnydays
04-03-2013, 01:48 PM
That's great :) yay! Just wondering if you normally let them have milk in bed though...why not give it to him at the table after lunch? That's what I do as I wouldn't want milk in my playpens...it gets stinky when it dries and stains too! Plus, going to bed with milk is a bad habit...

Crayola kiddies
04-03-2013, 02:14 PM
milk is full of sugar and it rots their teeth as they sleep.....I would just give him water or preferably nothing. if it starts that way at your house they think that's the norn....I have a 17 month old that HAS to sleep with two soothers at home.... hes never had a soother here ever. mom sent them on the first day and I put them in his drawer and never touched them since. I too wouldn't want milk in the play pen ...cause now you have to clean the play pen and likely it will stink anyway as it gets in the mattress

apples and bananas
04-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Congratulations on the sleeping! I know the feeling. I had a screamer too. It lasted for months it felt like, now, he's the best one.

I wish you many many more enjoyable quiet times!

torontokids
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM
I don't normally give milk in bed but mom said that is what she does and after yesterday I thought I would try it then wean him to support him to learn better sleep habits here. As soon as he did it I took it away and he no longer gets milk in his play pen.

Momof4
04-03-2013, 06:25 PM
You are so lucky to have such an easy newbie child, congrats! Food and drinks are confined to my dining room table as well so I allow a bottle in playpens before naptime but nothing else.