PDA

View Full Version : Well... there goes a family :(

mom-in-alberta
07-04-2011, 03:57 PM
I got notice from a family on the weekend that they will be done at the end of this month. It's not completely unexpected. I am pregnant, due in September and taking that month off. I expected to lose a family or two, since a month is a long time to find care. Funny enough, I didn't think it would be this one!
So, since they have 2 kids here right now, and I only have one other at the moment, I have effectively lost 2/3rds of my income in August. There is no way I will be able to fill those 2 spots for one month, before I shut down for a month. Booooo.
I am irked at the situation, because it kind of leaves me hanging. But I can't be cross with them, because they gave me the proper notice. And from their standpoint, I don't blame them for wanting to get the kids settled in a new arrangement before the oldest starts school in September. I guess I just figured that if they were leaving, they would finish out the summer.
Sigh.... thanks for listening to my vent, ladies!! :p I suppose on the plus side, it will make for an easier last month before the baby arrives, when I will be roughly the size of a planet and have the energy of a tree sloth, lol!!!

Skysue
07-04-2011, 04:29 PM
All I can say is that everything happens for a reason, so look at it as a blessing that you will get some needed time off! Good luck!

"Hugs"

mamaof4
07-04-2011, 07:32 PM
sorry to hear that, I hope that things work out well for you!

Judy Trickett
07-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Well, that sucks! Sorry they do not value what you offer enough to find alternate arrangement for the short time you are planning to be off.

Sandbox Sally
07-05-2011, 10:16 AM
That just sucks. Hugs :(

mom-in-alberta
07-05-2011, 08:00 PM
It's okay, I am not too freaked out. Like I said, I knew it was a possibility. The other deciding factor for them was that I will no longer be transporting to and from school.
My husband keeps telling me it will all work out, and not to stress. It's just a bit of a kick in the junk to lose that much income at once! I suppose that is the chance you take having siblings, right?
Thanks for listening, though, ladies!! :)