PDA

View Full Version : Having a ruff day here!

mlle.coccinelle
04-05-2013, 01:40 PM
So during the kiddos morning nap, I turned on my computer to find out that a man went into a daycare in Gatineau with a gun and killed himself. there is also an employee that died.
I am absolutely devastated, That daycare is 2 blocs away from my grand father's place. My cousin's son goes to a daycare less than 1 km away from there.

I'm looking at my son and at the other little guy i'm talking care of... and I can't stop having teary eyes... Why people do horrible things like this. :unsure:

gcj
04-05-2013, 01:47 PM
I just heard about it. So upsetting. Too many horrible things happening too often. Hug your loved ones a little tighter.

Dreamalittledream
04-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Those poor sweet children; what a thing to witness.

Other Mummy
04-05-2013, 01:52 PM
I just saw this as well. My heart sank. Not again. I think we will be hugging our daycare and our own children a little tighter after naptime :(

mlle.coccinelle
04-05-2013, 01:58 PM
yeah, It was hard to be '' upset'' at them for trowing all their food on the floor during lunch time today. It's just horrible

gramma
04-05-2013, 02:03 PM
I would have thought that daycare centres would have locked doors. The is one near me that i've seen that you walk in the door to a foyer but have to get buzzed in to get near where the childen are. I dont know any details, could have been a parent for all i know but it seems odd if there arent some sort of security measures in place to protect staff and children from anyone who doesnt belong from coming in.

mlle.coccinelle
04-05-2013, 02:13 PM
yeah I don't know, there was 2 daycare center next to each other and both got evacuated and children were sent home. that's 53 kiddos that got to witness that.
so far police force is saying that had something to do with domestic disturbance... so maybe the guy was a father to one of the children or a spouse to one of the care provider?