PDA

View Full Version : Updating Contract

Loyer
04-10-2013, 02:42 PM
I am updating my contract for parents to sign on with me for one year.If a parent signs for a year and decides they want to leave for any given reason should there be a fee for breaking contract that they agreed upon for 1 year?

daycaremom9
04-10-2013, 02:57 PM
I am updating my contract for parents to sign on with me for one year.If a parent signs for a year and decides they want to leave for any given reason should there be a fee for breaking contract that they agreed upon for 1 year?

I would be afraid that I might be stuck with a client that I may not want to keep?!?

Loyer
04-10-2013, 03:20 PM
No this is for the parents that I have had for 6 months already

Artsand crafts
04-10-2013, 04:46 PM
I state in my contract if they choose to leave they have to tell me 2 mos in advance or they will pay the fees for those 2 months

sunnydays
04-10-2013, 05:09 PM
My contracts are renewed yearly, but they are not "one year contracts" as in the client agrees to stay for a year or paya fee (like a cell phone contract). I have never heard of that with daycare, but maybe some people do it. I just have in my contract that they have to give me one month's notice if they want to leave.

Momof4
04-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Exactly what Sunnydays said. My contacts renew annually in case I raise my rate or make any policy changes. However I have a clause regarding termination with 2 weeks notice from either party and reasons for immediate termination are listed too.

Fearlessbaby
04-10-2013, 07:46 PM
I also have a 2 week notice clause in my contract- I think a year contract may put some parents off

Loyer
04-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Thank you for the advice

Lighthouse1
07-07-2013, 11:07 PM
for those of you who request 1 month's notice withdrawal or payment in lieu, what do you do when they refuse to pay? How do you collect? Especially when you DO have a contract with their signature?

playfelt
07-08-2013, 05:58 AM
When they sign the contract I take a two week deposit which is kept and applied to the last two weeks of care so while it might not be the money for my entire 4 week notice period at least it is something. It has been a long time since I had a client pull out without notice or payment so a lot depends on your area and how likely the clients are to just disappear.

Another option is to have them pay for a full 4 weeks but the money goes towards both the first two weeks and the last two weeks. But you expect payment two weeks in advance so when they start they will pay for the third and fourth weeks they are with you if that makes sense. Then in reality you will have the full months payment as it is all in advance. I had intended to do this but found by the time parents are 3/4 through maternity leave money is getting tight because they never lowered their standard of living to reflect the loss of income plus expenses of additional child so getting the two week deposit is all some can afford.