PDA

View Full Version : Subsidy Question

NewCare4U
04-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Hello everyone,

I had an interview this morning and shes being subsidized by the city but shes unsure if they will accomodate her using a home daycare. I just want to know if they would subsidize her using a home daycare??

NewCare4U
04-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Nvm everyone, if I read the threads first it would have helped with my question LOL. Looks like I cant unless if Im working with an agency.

sunnydays
04-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Yes, you are correct. Tell her she should contact one of the agencies and they will help her with finding a home daycare. As a private daycare, we are not able to take subsidized families unfortunately.

daycaremom9
04-14-2013, 03:42 PM
In B.C. any daycare can take subsidized clients, licensed or unlicensed (registered or nannies receive a lower rate) . As a licensed family daycare provider,I receive less than my rate from the government so I require my subsidy clients to make up the difference.

BlueRose
01-11-2014, 09:39 AM
yes they will subsidize her using a a home daycare as long as the daycare is with an agency.

Rachael
08-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Subsidiary will be paid for those who qualify for it, providing the day home is registered/approved via an agency or if the day home is licensed directly through Children's Services. Some day home do go direct for licensing but agency is more common since the agency will tackle a lot of the paperwork.

For those who do qualify for assistance/subsidiary, the amount will vary depending on each family's situation. Any shortfall for the fees are the responsibility of the parents and that is paid as per the carer's fee schedule.

TyraNoah
05-15-2021, 03:57 AM
Is there a special subsidy for children with special needs such as autism and Cerebral palsy?