PDA

View Full Version : Help with what i need to do to start!

shopgirl
04-11-2013, 08:21 PM
So I am sitting here tonight with the intentions of doing "paperwork" and prep and a little overwelmed. What types of things do i need to work on to open?

contract?
handbook?
menu plans?
curriculum plans?
insurance?

what legal things do i need to do? does anyone have a list of things that i need to start working on?

Bookworm
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
The most important things you need to have before you open are:
Insurance, contract and a handbook. Things like meals and curriculum can come later once you are settled in and have your spots filled etc...

DisneyPrincess
04-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Go to ccprn.com its a provider resource network we have here in Ottawa and its pretty much all in the ''starter'' kit. I did more on my own trying to find samples on the internet and such. Reading online handbooks from other daycare and all. Some daycares were in the US and some even in France. I took all the info and step by step ended up with all I needed. I spent many sleepless nights thinking of everything, thank god I was on unemployment at that time so I could nap during the day lol

Big Hearts
04-12-2013, 08:59 AM
I used the daycare lady wedsite it has a lot of printable forms

torontokids
04-12-2013, 12:09 PM
My advice is start with insurance. This will be your biggest hurdle right now (if you have your own kids)

shopgirl
04-12-2013, 12:28 PM
thanks ladies!! great place to start. thanks for the websites.

torontokids - your scaring me! lol why is insurance hard to come across? i haven't even thought about that part till now.

torontokids
04-12-2013, 12:33 PM
enter "insurance" into the search engine on daycarebear. Not a lot of insurance providers are offering insurance/adequate insurance for unlicensed providers to cover dck and your own kids.

mommylove
04-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Where are you located?........farm ers mutual insures 5 plus your own kids and its reasonably priced it was easy peasy for me......of course first contact your current home insurance to see if they offer the coverage you need.....GOOD LUCK