PDA

View Full Version : Everybody's coughing, everybody's sneezing :(

DisneyPrincess
04-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Well another good start to the week with everybody sick, coughing and sneezing... including me :( hopefully it stays nice hot and sunny outside so we can stay out and let the germs fly away !!

Have a good week ladies :\

crafty
04-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Same here ! 2 kids are home sick today and mine were so sick this weekend it was terrible. At least I have been spared so far ... knock on wood.

Take it easy this week !

playfelt
04-22-2013, 08:03 AM
My group appears to be on the mend this week. One is drippy but also teething. The two that were so sick they ended up in hospital - one for chest xrays and one with a 5 day stay for treatment are doing much better so hoping this is the end of it for us. Had windows open on the weekend airing things out and hoping for a good week.

mimi
04-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Knock on wood all is well here, but who knows, what you are dealing with may be coming my way. Have a good week ladies. :star:

apples and bananas
04-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Us too... I woke up on the verge of something and one showed up not 100%. Just cold, thank goodness.

sunnydays
04-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Last week I wasn't feeling great and my son was sick on and off all week and then on Friday my daughter came down with a fever and threw up once (out the side of the stroller actually...LOL) and now I have a dcg home with a fever...I feel so bad when the illness comes from my kids even though I know it isn't my fault and could just as easily been the other way around. Everyone's noses have been running so much I had to stock up on kleenex over the weekend :(

Artsand crafts
04-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Same here. We are getting out of it this week. It even get to the ear of one of the girls. This week everybody is starting to look better...

Momof4
04-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Aw DisneyP, it's awful to be blowing noses and washing our hands nonstop all day long but you are NOT ALONE!!!

daycaremom9
04-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Last week I had 2 that had a pretty strong strain of the flu, 1 that had an ear infection and 1 that had an eye infection out of the 8 dc kids that I have. One was away on holidays so needless to say I had a quiet week. My parents are pretty good about keeping their kids home during sickness.

sunnydays
04-23-2013, 04:15 PM
My daughter now has impetigo...so I had to close my daycare today :( She is healing fast though sne we should be good to go tomorrow! Needless to say, I spent my day disinfecting :(

boygirlgirlboy
04-24-2013, 09:20 AM
I read this post Monday morning and thought I was lucky because I only had one little dcb sick. Well, today is Wednesday and now all dck's are sick, my son is sick and I was up all night feeling like a big bag of dirt. What frustrates me is the text I got this morning from the original sick kid's mom...."is it okay if xxx comes to daycare today (he's been here all week), I'm sick and I NEED sleep". :rolleyes:

DisneyPrincess
04-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Last week I wasn't feeling great and my son was sick on and off all week and then on Friday my daughter came down with a fever and threw up once (out the side of the stroller actually...LOL) and now I have a dcg home with a fever...I feel so bad when the illness comes from my kids even though I know it isn't my fault and could just as easily been the other way around. Everyone's noses have been running so much I had to stock up on kleenex over the weekend :(

Yah, about kleenex to you ask parents to ''donate'' a box or two ?? Next winter season I will... its so freakin expensive just to wipe a little nose like 100 times a day !!

DisneyPrincess
04-24-2013, 11:13 AM
I read this post Monday morning and thought I was lucky because I only had one little dcb sick. Well, today is Wednesday and now all dck's are sick, my son is sick and I was up all night feeling like a big bag of dirt. What frustrates me is the text I got this morning from the original sick kid's mom...."is it okay if xxx comes to daycare today (he's been here all week), I'm sick and I NEED sleep". :rolleyes:

Ayaya, poor you ... us today wednesday things are getting better but ... not going away yet :(

DisneyPrincess
04-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Aw DisneyP, it's awful to be blowing noses and washing our hands nonstop all day long but you are NOT ALONE!!!

You know whats more chitty... is when I see the parents are home working on the yard while they bring me their sick kid AND when I sitting there feeling like crap myself. I'm almost temped to just say : you know what ... take her, dont pay me and come back when shes better, nincompoops !!

Crayola kiddies
04-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Disney ..... I use the Norwex travel pack of enviro cloths for wiping kids noses. they come four in a pack all different colors and they are anti bacterial so you just wipe and rinse and they self sanitize so no spreading of germs. saves a ton of money on Kleenex. I am a consultant for norwex and heres the website ...www.norwex.com ...you will find the travel pack under the heading Microfiber cloths.... I use most of the products as I don't use chemicals to clean. I have many favourite products but I think my most fav is the toothbrush, and the dryer balls, and the fresh wash for all my fruits, and the window cloth ....oh well I guess I like them all ...tee hee

kimmills
07-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Well its better to keep the child at home when s/he is sick so that the other children at the day care are saved and do not get the infection. Otherwise when one gets infected one by one each and every child gets infected leading to discomfort and unpleasant situation for the daycare providers as well as the parents.