PDA

View Full Version : Summer curriculum

godsgirl
04-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Hello ladies!
Do any of you have a favourite curriculum that you guys enjoy using?
I found playpalace.org and am VERY intrigued but it looks like they are updating their program. So I'm thinking I will give it a try for the following school year. Do you guys have any ideas of what I can use for this summer?
I'm looking for a daily program that has circle time, crafts, themes, games, letters/colors/numbers. The basic stuff but one that is not an arm and a leg to pay for. I'm the type of person who likes following a list of things to do as I don't think I'm too good at coming up with my own stuff (mostly can't make the time to sit down and do it).
Thanks in advance

playfelt
04-23-2013, 10:57 PM
I know some use Mother Goose Time but not sure the cost or exactly what is included.

I find summer is so mixed up with kids on vacation and coming and going and often it is time a child leaves and a new one starts that I keep summer curriculum simple and disjointed. By that I mean small themes that only last a few days or one day themes that stand on their own. Usually they are based on reading a story and then doing activities related. I have sort of kept that going this past year and I like that I have control over what we do and when meaning I can choose what I want to do to some extent or save my energy and redo a story we have done in the past or when I find a neat activity I want to do can just search the shelf for a story that goes with the activity.

Momof4
04-24-2013, 04:32 PM
I sit down at the beginning of the year and plan themes for the entire year so my themes are all set.

AmandaKDT
04-30-2013, 11:23 AM
I really like this website - lots of ideas broken up into themes.

http://www.preschool-plan-it.com/preschool-themes.html