PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day!

Daycare123
04-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Looking for some ideas for a mother's day craft! Any suggestions:) ?

2cuteboys
04-25-2013, 03:23 PM
On Tuesday we painted terracotta pots and planted dahlia bulbs in them... I have no idea how long dahlias take to actually start blooming (or growing at all really), maybe they'll be showing signs of life by Mother's Day. I was planning on making those handprint cards (they're little hand cut outs with a folded up length of paper - the front says "I love you" and you pull it open and the paper says "this much!") from Pinterest.

There was another thread on here a couple of days ago called "April and may crafts" or something that had a lot if good ideas as well!

daycaremom9
04-25-2013, 04:30 PM
We're making flower arrangements with the children's picture glued into the middle and pipe cleaners for the stems. I found some Easter bags on sale at Michael's so I'm going to put the flowers in these bags. For my older daycare girl we were going to decoupage dried flowers to a box. If I can't find dried flowers , we will just glue tissue paper squares on the box.

cfred
04-25-2013, 05:40 PM
We're doing t-shirts. I'll buy plain t-shirts and fabric paint at Michael's. Kids will do paint hand prints on the shirts, I'll outline them so easier to make out and write Mother's Day 2013 on back....something cheesier if I can think of it. Using glittery or glow in the dark paint is tres cool!

It's funny....'cause they have to wear them ;)