PDA

View Full Version : Posting our daycare rooms

momofnerds
05-02-2013, 10:26 AM
is there a place we can post them. I would love to see other rooms (I just redid my rooms)

Sandbox Sally
05-02-2013, 11:06 AM
How about here? Here's mine. Please ignore the mess - the kids are at the table eating, and we haven't finished cleaning up.

http://i41.tinypic.com/eqxfzs.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2yplp9t.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/makq42.jpg

Dreamalittledream
05-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Mine's in my (profile) albums...feel free to view (I have no idea how to post it here).

Artsand crafts
05-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Nice set up Sandbox! Do you have a hamster in that clear box? How do you post pics in here?

Artsand crafts
05-02-2013, 12:39 PM
9395I already answered my question :)... I just clicked the on the image symbol that shows on top of the message field...

Artsand crafts
05-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I posted a backyard pic by mistake... Does anyone know how can I remove it? (it's not necessary for this threat)

Dreamalittledream
05-02-2013, 01:05 PM
I posted a backyard pic by mistake... Does anyone know how can I remove it? (it's not necessary for this threat). Sorry, wish I could help...can't even seem to post pictures (perhaps because I'm using my IPad?).

Sandbox Sally
05-02-2013, 01:06 PM
But I love your back yard pic. :) You look so organized!

Edited to add - yes, hamster. We have two. :D

playfelt
05-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Have never figured out the how to post pictures either but I have a few on my website:

www.sharonshomedayca re.yolasite.com

Artsand crafts
05-02-2013, 01:45 PM

Well that pic was taken when kids weren't here;)... Only with no kids the place can look all super organized, no? ...

I do not have pets, but I would consider one that does not require too much time, like a fish (I've been told that you have only to change the water and feed them)... How much "work" does a hamster needs? Kids must love them!

Artsand crafts
05-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Have never figured out the how to post pictures either but I have a few on my website:

www.sharonshomedayca re.yolasite.com

Hi playfelt, I like your sandbox. Mine is the turtle one that I got from Toys R US... It can only fit 2 kids comfortably. Did you make it and install it yourself? Was it too hard?

Wonderwiper
05-02-2013, 02:06 PM
If anyone figures out how to post pics from iPad let me know!!!

Love everyone's setup and how different all our spaces are!

PattyCake
05-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Here's a pic of mine....and my little guy too!

momofnerds
05-02-2013, 08:41 PM

we have a hamster in teh daycare room too, and ds has one in his room. the kids love bella and hammy

playfelt
05-02-2013, 10:56 PM
We built it ourselves. Basically we started with 4x4 posts in the corners and then attached the side boards which were 1x6 decking materials. There is also a 4x4 post in the middle of each of the sides. The top board is also a 1x6 decking board. I don't allow the kids into the box. They kneel around the edge and play and can sit on the ledge or play on there. Mostly they use the ledge for play and yes some sand falls out on the ground each time but a couple bags to top up mid summer if necessary isn't that bad. There is a piece of board to cover the sandbox too that I just lift off. It rests on the ledge.

One thing I have seen is kits - think Canadian Tire has them on sale in the flyer this week. It is made of the composite plastic and has corner sections. Should be pretty easy to put together.

Sandbox Sally
05-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Whoa patty cake! I LOVE your space!

Sandbox Sally
05-03-2013, 11:40 AM
To put up pics, all I do is use an online image hosting site like tinypic.com and you upload then copy and paste the html code here. Easy peasy!

Skysue
05-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Hi,

Got rid of 1st pics for privacy reasons! Waiting for original poster to show her space!

Sandbox Sally
05-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Well that pic was taken when kids weren't here;)... Only with no kids the place can look all super organized, no? ...

I do not have pets, but I would consider one that does not require too much time, like a fish (I've been told that you have only to change the water and feed them)... How much "work" does a hamster needs? Kids must love them!

Our hamsters aren't much work at all. We use carefresh bedding and that allows me to only change their litter twice monthly. Other than that, we feed them together, and change their water every morning after the daycare kids get here. It's a little ritual we have. They are pretty solo creatures. They tolerate handling, but they'd rather just be left alone, so IMO, perfect for kids who are fickle about pets.

momofnerds
05-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi,

Got rid of 1st pics for privacy reasons! Waiting for original poster to show her space!

I will take pics this weekend when the rooms are clean. I'll do the outside but I need to clean the area up too.

playfelt
05-03-2013, 04:57 PM
We had much more fun with guinea pigs than hamsters because the hamsters slept so much of the day. The guinea pigs would squeal as the kids approached to feed them treats and they loved it. Could handle them - about the size of a kitten which is exactly why we got them in the sense daughter wanted a kitten but what I liked was that guinea pig lived in a cage and we could take it out when we wanted but it stayed put the rest of the day.

AmandaKDT
05-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Here is my home daycare. I really love my main floor playroom, it just glows in the morning from the sunshine! :)

I got another Ikea storage unit with baskets for the basement that isn't shown in the picture as well as a large closet dedicated pretty much totally to toys, so I have lots of storage both upstairs and down. I can't stand clutter!

SecondAve
05-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Artandcrafts I love what you did to cover the fireplace. I hope you don't mind, but I might copy that idea. My hubby is a really good painter, I on the other hand have zero artistic ability. My fireplace (which is never used) goes right to the floor. I currently have chairs in front of it. But your idea is much better.

Skysue
05-04-2013, 08:55 AM
You ladies with finished basements are soooooooooooooi lucky!

Here is my home daycare. I really love my main floor playroom, it just glows in the morning from the sunshine! :)

I got another Ikea storage unit with baskets for the basement that isn't shown in the picture as well as a large closet dedicated pretty much totally to toys, so I have lots of storage both upstairs and down. I can't stand clutter!

Artsand crafts
05-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Artandcrafts I love what you did to cover the fireplace. I hope you don't mind, but I might copy that idea. My hubby is a really good painter, I on the other hand have zero artistic ability. My fireplace (which is never used) goes right to the floor. I currently have chairs in front of it. But your idea is much better.

No problem Second Avenue... that is awesome that your hubby is a painter and could do his work in the fireplace! You just gave me an idea... I may order a nice poster paint of Van Gogh Diego Rivera or Monet that are my favorites and glue it to the fireplace. They have some beautiful paints that look nice for children...

You know, we are helping each other... I gave you an idea and you gave me one back... I loove this site...Thank you!

AmandaKDT
05-04-2013, 10:14 PM
You ladies with finished basements are soooooooooooooi lucky!

Yes, the only way I felt I could do the daycare was with the basement space. It isn't totally done yet but my husband worked really hard to renovate the basement and open up the space before we had our second daughter a year ago. We still want to change the flooring and some other things, but they will have to wait.

meaganb3
05-13-2013, 10:47 PM
What is that covering the fireplace? And how did you make it. We have a fireplace (just moved to new housr) the fireplace is not in use and needs to be covered to keep little fingers out currently I have my toy shelf in front of it but that is not working very well. Yours looks so pretty with the flowers

mimi
05-14-2013, 08:08 AM
http://HPIM3677

mimi
05-14-2013, 08:09 AM
I tried to post a photo of my fire place cover. Obviously it didn't work!!! Can any one help and let me know how to do it? Thanks