PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Burlington, ON!

briar_rose
05-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Hi there,

Don't know why I haven't joined this forum sooner - it's great! I've run a dayhome since August 2011 and love it (for the most part). I have always worked with children and used to be a Behaviour Therapist and worked with kids who have Autism. The hardest part so far was announcing my pregnancy and doing this tiring job while pregnant. Luckily, only one family left when they found out I was pregnant (mom admitted that she thought I was going to close after - yeah right, I don't have EI!) and all the other parents have been so supportive! I have a daughter who will be 3 next month and a 4 month old son. My husband is currently on Paternity Leave for 6 months and though I think the DCKs overwhelm him at times, he loves being home with us. I look forward to 'getting to know' you all better!

Skysue
05-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Nice to meet you Aurora, sleeping beauty, aka briar_rose, welcome to the forum. These ladies are amazing support! Congrats on your little man.

How much time did you take off after your sons birth?

DaycareLady
05-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Hi!! Welcome! I am a newbie here...just opened in January but I also worked as a Behaviour Therapist for children with Autism before I opened my daycare! I have a 2.5 year old and 1 year old and my husband and I would love a 3rd but I am not sure how we would manage the daycare if I was pregnant/not getting EI/how the parents would feel with my husband running most of the program! Time will tell!!
Congrats on your little guy and making everything work out!! :)

Momof4
05-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Welcome to our forum and congrats on your new baby. You're so smart to have your husband take paternity leave to help you out, that's fantastic.

giraffe
05-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi briar_rose nice to see another local provider.

briar_rose
05-05-2013, 05:59 PM
I only took two weeks off as I had to shut down two weeks before my due date due to high blood pressure (doctor's orders) so a month total. I probably could have taken more time but I didn't want to inconvenience the parents further since they were great about the whole pregnancy thing. I also never shut down for my doctor appointments. My husband or mom would watch them during my appointments. This worked well.

valerie 36
10-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi all i am in Burlington as well and looking for children to take in but cant find any?