PDA

View Full Version : Aaaand they're back...lol :)

mom-in-alberta
07-17-2011, 09:22 PM
A couple of weeks ago I posted about losing a family, due to my upcoming mat leave, etc. I was kind of happy to see it happen, simply due to the fact that their eldest child is not my favorite, if you know what I mean. But mostly I was a little concerned, as it meant I was losing two thirds of my income with only a month notice, and no possibility of filling those spaces (as I would be totally off the next month).
They just called and asked if I had filled those spots!! I guess the arrangement they had set up fell through. They led me to believe that it was another dayhome, but apparently it was supposed to be family. Provided that they work out the older kids' bus transport (I am not doing transport anymore), then they will be back in October as well.
Funny how things work out, huh? :) Now, I may have some more kids around in the month before I go on my leave, but at least I can afford to do stuff with them now, hahaha!

Skysue
07-18-2011, 11:59 AM
A couple of weeks ago I posted about losing a family, due to my upcoming mat leave, etc. I was kind of happy to see it happen, simply due to the fact that their eldest child is not my favorite, if you know what I mean. But mostly I was a little concerned, as it meant I was losing two thirds of my income with only a month notice, and no possibility of filling those spaces (as I would be totally off the next month).
They just called and asked if I had filled those spots!! I guess the arrangement they had set up fell through. They led me to believe that it was another dayhome, but apparently it was supposed to be family. Provided that they work out the older kids' bus transport (I am not doing transport anymore), then they will be back in October as well.
Funny how things work out, huh? :) Now, I may have some more kids around in the month before I go on my leave, but at least I can afford to do stuff with them now, hahaha!

I'm happy for you as the steps in place for getting new cleints and the comfort level for you during a busy time has now gone down to zero! It's good knowing how your day will play out! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy stress free!

Sandbox Sally
07-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Awesome!! Losing that much income for longer than a month or so would have just sucked.