PDA

View Full Version : Any other knitters out there?

zoomama
05-12-2013, 11:38 PM
knitting isn't my "hobby"...it's my PASSION. sound crazy? not to anyone who's got the knitting bug. are there any other dayhome moms who've been bitten and live to knit, browse on ravelry, or find the latest issue of interweave knits in the mailbox?

Trace of Angels
05-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Yep.....I just learned not too long ago for the second time as I used to knit as a girl and had forgotten most of it. People think I am crazy. I work 47.5 hours a week and I always fit in time for my knitting! I love to knit, I've done hats, sweaters, washcloths, blankets etc.
I am not the best knitter but I sure do love it.
Ravelry is awesome!!!

mimi
05-13-2013, 08:41 AM
I am not a knitter (cross stitch for me) but my mother is. Recently we were talking about knitting and she told me that in some scandinavian countries the men do alot of knitting. The funny thing is they knit as they walk about outside. Normal to see there. I have also heard about some pro atheletes who knit to relax.

momofnerds
05-13-2013, 08:43 AM
I crochet and I have bags everywhere. So every time I go to an activity I just grab a bag.

playfelt
05-13-2013, 11:39 AM
I sort of dabble in a lot of stuff - mostly crochet or plastic canvas but mostly I make stuff for the daycare kids to use for play.

zoomama
05-13-2013, 02:26 PM
it's always great to connect with other knitters/crocheters/hand crafters! i used to cross-stitch, but it's been a non-stop knitting party for the last several years. lol! i find being busy with my hands, especially in the very loooooong cold winters way up here, really relaxes me. i was taught to knit and crochet by my mother and grandmother as a little girl, and picked it back up about 5 years ago. i knit and crochet anything and everything. i knit a couple of hobby horses from interweave knits mag for the two little ones in my care as christmas gifts last year. :)

i'm a single mom of one adopted son, have 6 little ones in my home daily, and yes...i also still find time to knit/crochet many gifts, and prepare a table full of things for our annual craft bazaar. i guess there's always time for the things we LOVE to do!

zoomama
05-13-2013, 10:32 PM
I am not a knitter (cross stitch for me) but my mother is. Recently we were talking about knitting and she told me that in some scandinavian countries the men do alot of knitting. The funny thing is they knit as they walk about outside. Normal to see there. I have also heard about some pro atheletes who knit to relax.

that's a really interesting bit of trivia! men who knit while walking around!! who knew there were men in the world as talented as that!! lol