PDA

View Full Version : Helloo

joan tack
05-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi I'm Joan, i'm 67 years young and I'm new on here. I have 5 grandchildren and I am doing my best to look after all of them but it is hard!pleaes mind me spelling as i am at a web cafe and the lights are very dim in here. They eyes aren't young anymore!!:( I am the only grand parernt in the family and so I've turned to here fo r help on daycare! :blink:

playfelt
05-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi Joan, where are you located. I'm 55 and wonder how many years I will continue in daycare. Having a hard time dealing with the new "parenting" styles and all the nonsense that comes with it. Still love my job - at least most days. Kudos to you for helping out your family and providing childcare.

Momof4
05-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi Joan, I started my daycare when I was over the 50 mark as well and my grandson was my inspiration. I'm so happy it happened. But my daughter paid me a reduced price for all the work I was doing. I hope you have a good situation worked out so that you won't end up feeling used and abused because taking care of 5 children, even your grandchildren, is a LOT of work!

zoomama
05-13-2013, 07:14 PM
hi joan :) i'm turning 40 very soon and wonder sometimes how long i'll be able to keep this up. it's good to see you and others are carrying on strong at 50, 60+! gives me hope that i'll be able to do this for many years to come.

good for you for looking after your grandchildren. i think in some ways that would be so much harder than caring for stranger's children. so much more emotion and feelings involved. i find i'm such a better "parent" to the daycare kids than my own son. it's easier to lay down the rules and then consistently stick to them, as opposed to getting negotiated out of all the rules. lol