PDA

View Full Version : Cpr course

Little Tots Of Plateau
05-17-2013, 11:32 AM
I m looking to take cpr course.....but there are so many to choose from:i am a private care

BASIC FIRST AID, CPR LEVEL "C" AND AED CERTIFICATION
This course is designed for small workplaces, childcare workers, and people who want to have a basic knowledge in first aid along with attaining a full CPR“C”/AED certification.
is this one ok..given by findapulse

thanks

playfelt
05-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Make sure the course you take specifically spends a lot of time on infant/child issues. Many courses gloss over this section assuming you will be dealing mostly with adults. You might do better to take a course aimed at caring for children. You don't need the AED etc in home daycare since you wouldn't have access to the machine. Also from a first aid standpoint you won't be dealing with a lot of the issues that a standard first aid course covers like dealing with a motor cycle accident you come across so again if you are training for the first time better to take a course that covers less areas so you can concentrate on exactly what you can make use of.

SongSparrow
05-17-2013, 06:23 PM
I take Standard First Aid, CPR Level C and AED. I volunteer with a program for 5 and 6 year olds and this is the level that is required for their insurance. I don't think the basic first aid covers infants/children? But it may be different depending on who is offering the course, I do mine through St. John's Ambulance and it is set up specifically for people who work with children.

treeholm
05-17-2013, 06:51 PM
I've done the same course as SongSparrow with St. John's Ambulance. It's the most comprehensive course. I really appreciated learning how to use the AED because even though I'm unlikely to use it with children, I'm glad I would know how to use it if I'm ever in a public place and someone needs help.