PDA

View Full Version : Kleenex Question...

SecondAve
05-29-2013, 09:20 PM
I was wondering if any of you require parents to supply kleenex and if so, how much/often do you require it? Also is it in your contract?

When I prepared my contract and handbook, I contemplated requesting it but then thought it might seem a little petty. But now that I have been up and running since the fall, I've noticed that I go through an insane amount of kleenex and am dolling out a small fortune at Costco every month. I have a two kids that have constant runny noses, not to mention all the colds that have hit this house. Actually the one dck easily goes through 2 boxes a week.

Weird question I know, but thought I would ask all the same.

2cuteboys
05-29-2013, 10:03 PM
I don't require it, but a parent did offer once, so I don't think it's out of the question.

zoomama
05-29-2013, 11:54 PM
I've had parents show up with a box a couple of times but most don't and I don't require it either. I just look at it as a business expense.

Trace of Angels
05-30-2013, 05:05 AM
I had a parent bring me an 8 pack box of Puffs Plus with lotion Kleenex for Christmas this year with a bow on top of it..........I thought it was pretty cute, thoughtful and totally useful!!!!!! Other than that I supply all the kleenex, and keep the receipt.........ever y little bit of tax write off helps!

Robyn
05-30-2013, 05:56 AM
I stock up when it is on sale and look at it as a business expense!

Crayola kiddies
05-30-2013, 07:02 AM
You could use the norwex antibacterial cloths ( travel pack) they are small cloths that are antibacterial there is four in a pack and four different colors .... You just wipe and rinse and never use Kleenex again. The cloths have silver partials imbedded in the fiber which eliminate the growth of bacteria and therefore stops the spread of germs.

playfelt
05-30-2013, 07:58 AM
I use toilet paper and have for years - I have a roll hidden strategically in each room especially in winter. You take 3 squares fold it over once or twice swipe and throw away. I actually find it is softer and molds easier to their nose than Kleenex does and it isn't as wasteful since one swipe in a whole Kleenex is wasteful.

Parents know I use toilet paper and some have even started doing the same at home. Not sure it matters but mostly use cottenelle - and not the organic kind it has too much paper dust and isn't strong enough.

Dreamalittledream
05-30-2013, 09:23 AM
I too use toilet paper:). Whew, what a week it's been; my entire crew has runny noses too and 3 have the teething mega drools....yeeeech! Wipe repeat wipe repeat...that's my day;)

mamabear
05-30-2013, 09:51 AM
I think of it as a business expense and supply it myself.

Momof4
05-30-2013, 06:04 PM
I go through tons of tissues but I claim them as a deduction on my taxes. Doesn't everybody?

SecondAve
05-31-2013, 06:35 AM
Thanks everyone. I'll keep supplying it out of my own pocket and continue writing it off as a daycare expense. Actually, I might even try the toilet paper suggestion. The kleenex does feel wasteful.

SongSparrow
05-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Another toilet paper user here! Much less expensive :)