PDA

View Full Version : Awesome circle time mats :)

sunnydays
05-30-2013, 01:11 PM
I just wanted to share my recent Dollarama excellent find :) I found these little mats/rugs with animal faces (five different animals)...I think they are meant to be bathroom rugs to put in front of the sink or something...so I bought 7 (one for each dck plus my own 2 kids) and for the first time since I opened my daycare 2.5 years ago, we are able to have a real circle time in a real circle..LOL. With so many toddlers, I have always found it so difficult to get them to sit and to stay in a circle formation even if they will sit. With these little mats, I put them out in a circle and each child picks one to sit on (so far there has been no fighting over which animal they get) and they all sit happily and nicely on their mats and we can sing songs and do other circle time activities (well I have a 2 year old who will not sit, but he stands on his mat...he's a whole other story..LOL). It is great and the kids LOVE it! They have also quickly caught on to stacking them all up at the end of circle time so that I can put them away from next time (keeping it special for circle time). Oh how I love Dollarama :)

Dreamalittledream
05-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks so much for posting! Heading there tonight:)

Skysue
05-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Awesome find, I am going to look for them!

sunnydays
05-30-2013, 01:20 PM
I wish I could remember which section they were in...I am pretty sure they were with some other doormats and little rugs and things...I scooped up the entire pile..LOL.

monkeymama
05-31-2013, 11:42 AM
lol I know exactly which ones they are because I just bought the same ones! dh just shook his head at my excitement in dollarama :)

sunnydays
05-31-2013, 11:47 AM
monkeymama, I can't tell you how many people I have told in my excitement and they look at me like I am out to lunch..LOL. Honestly, my kids L.O.V.E these mats and it has revollutionized circle time for me :)