PDA

View Full Version : Runabout strollers

sunnydays
05-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Just a quick question. How much is a 5 seater Runabout new? Anybody know? I am really not into spending money and I already have a 6 seater Bye Bye Buggy, but I am already thinking about winter again and trying to get the kids to my son's bus stop...wondering if I should bite the bullet and get something that works in snow...

playfelt
05-30-2013, 01:57 PM
There was one on kijiji for $1500 about three weeks ago as I was debating in the sense I have a foundations quad but all little so need to put 5 in too. I can only go for walks when my older daughter comes over to push Brianne's wheelchair and I hate wasting outside time with the kids sitting so I sit and they play in the yard but then I don't have to do the school runs anymore. No idea how the foundations quad does in the snow - think there was a thread about strollers at one point that mentioned it but for sure the runabout gets the best reviews for all weather.

sunnydays
05-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Playfelt there is one for $1600 right now...it's only a year old. That's why I am trying to find out how much they are new. But that is still a lot of money to spend...would have to sell my 6 seater...and probably couldn't get more than $500 for it. I just don't know what to do!

playfelt
05-30-2013, 02:03 PM
All about kids sells the runabout check what they are selling it for. But if you are looking at the ad I think it includes the canopies and baskets which are all extras. I think around $2500 for new. The good news is that if you paid $1600 now or even offered $1500 likely they would take it you could also sell it for that in a couple years once your own kids are old enough you don't need to do the school runs anymore.

sunnydays
05-30-2013, 02:05 PM
We'll see how the meeting with CCPRN goes tonight...see if the proposed changes look like they will go through soon and put me out of business. If it doesn't look good then I am not going to invest more money into my daycare :( If it seems far off I will consider it more seriously ;)

mommyof2princesses
05-30-2013, 02:10 PM
I just bought a brand new 5 seater runabout stroller directly from Roger Berg who makes them in the States a month ago, and I also got a sun canopy and rain/snow cover for it. The total cost was $1844 CAD.

playfelt
05-30-2013, 02:24 PM
We'll see how the meeting with CCPRN goes tonight...see if the proposed changes look like they will go through soon and put me out of business. If it doesn't look good then I am not going to invest more money into my daycare :( If it seems far off I will consider it more seriously ;)

That's where I am with daycare too. Too close to giving it up to make dramatic changes that with the number of people they will have to deal with will be at least a 3 year plan. Still trying to grasp exactly what that ELECT concept has to do with home daycare in the sense we have play based care now and no way am I telling parents what I really think of their child - they can figure it out for themselves and so far that is all I have gotten from what I have read - I'm sure there is more to it than that in the sense that there has been two full days of training on it but the document is so vague it is till someone's interpretation of it.

Wish I was going tonight because it will be interesting to sit back and hear what others have to say because it does give a good cross section of the industry for sure. Let me know what you find out please.

momofnerds
05-30-2013, 02:25 PM

why are they trying to put you out of business

sunnydays
05-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks mommyof2....that helps me sooooo much! I definitely won't buy a used one for $1600 if I can get a brand new one for what you quoted (I am assuming that included taxes and shipping?).

As for putting us out of business...they are proposing changes to the DNA in Ontario which may force us to work through a licensed agency and/or limit the number of kids we can take in to 5 including our own. If this happens, I do not think I will be able to keep my daycare going...but I really want to continue with my daycare! I love it and the longer I do it that better it is going and I can see such huge benefits for my own kids...they are really thriving. Fingers crossed that this does not go through. Playfelt, I will definitely share what I learn from the meeting tonight!

mommyof2princesses
05-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Your welcome sunnydays :) Yes that included shipping, taxes and exchange rate. Buying from the States was way cheaper than buying it from a store in Canada that's why I went that way. This brochure/website has all the info in it including the email and phone number of where I got it from..... http://www.bergdesign.net/Runabout%20Online%20 Brochure.pdf If you have any questions please feel free to ask me and Roger Berg is really helpful too I had tons of questions by email and phone before I bought one and he was really patient and helpful :) Let me know if you decide to get one, I love mine, it's awesome :) :)

mommyof2princesses
05-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Would the changes be for all of Ontario??

playfelt
05-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Yes all of Ontario. They are working on revamping the DNA - day nursery act, making changes to licensed care, making changes to how daycare centres divide kids because of changes in ages and they are looking for a way to invite, coerce, demand we aren't sure yet to get private providers to be part of the licensed plan.

sunnydays
05-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Did that include customs fees? The lady who is selling hers on kijiji got hers for the same amount but had to pay customs after the fact of about $200...

Your welcome sunnydays :) Yes that included shipping, taxes and exchange rate. Buying from the States was way cheaper than buying it from a store in Canada that's why I went that way. This brochure/website has all the info in it including the email and phone number of where I got it from..... http://www.bergdesign.net/Runabout%20Online%20 Brochure.pdf If you have any questions please feel free to ask me and Roger Berg is really helpful too I had tons of questions by email and phone before I bought one and he was really patient and helpful :) Let me know if you decide to get one, I love mine, it's awesome :) :)

mommyof2princesses
05-31-2013, 12:33 PM
I just received a bill in the mail from Fedex and it was $51.87...Roger Berg lowers the cost of the stroller on your bill that goes to customs so you don't have to pay as much :)

sunnydays
05-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Now I KNOW this has been asked many a times, but has anyone who has a Runabout ever had difficulty in snow or ice??? For me, the only reason I am considering making this investment is the winter school runs...so it is extremely important to me that it actually does work in the snow!