PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Nap time turned upside down!! Afternoon shinanagins from my 5 yr boy!

Brooke91
05-31-2013, 02:06 PM
So nap time comes,, I put my babies down then my 2 and three year olds..

I told my 5 yr DCB he needed to lay down for an hour.. Then after that if he had t fallen asleep I would give him quiet time activities..

So I'm struggling to put my 2.5 yr dcg to sleep so I get my boy and girl to switch spots.. Boy on couch in play room girl in room on air mattress..

She goes down calm and its quiet..

Until that darn boy goes and opens the door and let's her out!!! Income down to check on them and guess what they are both bouncing on the couch!! So I put boy back in room and put girl on couch she's fussing a bit and then I sneakily wait on the stairs!! Boy opens door waits a moment then comes out and is startled to see me there.. I tell him to go upstairs and he can sit at the table for the next hour and half for quiet time!!!

Everyone naps great when he's not here!! I'm nipping this behavioyr in the bud now!!
He'll be here all summer and I need them all to have quiet time!!

And now the girl that is screaming has woken up one if my other kids up..

Omg!!! I'm gonna go bonkers!!!

mimi
05-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Deep breath.............. it's Friday.:rolleyes:

Nurse
05-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Sounds like my Friday!! I have an extra kid today I normall don't have so due to that I had the 19month old in the play pen in the same room as the 4yr old... 19month was jumping and screaming.. So I out the play pen in the kitchen... He continues to jump.. Lay him back down.. He the. Proceeds to throw his soother across the kitchen and freak out about it... After his freak out he falls asleep. 530 can't come soon enough!!!

Harmoni
06-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Oh those 5 yr old boys! I have one here, who normally naps. But at least once or twice a week, thinks it is his right to wander around calling out the sleeping kids names! That literally makes smoke come out my ears!! So now he sleeps in the hallway and I sit on the stairs like a drill sargent! Break? What break, lol.