PDA

View Full Version : What to charge for keeping DCG an extra hour after closing??

Brooke91
06-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Just wondering thoughts and opions in what to charge DCM for keeping DCG an extra hour after my closing time..

I don't really mind because her and my son play really well plus I really like the mom too!! I was thinking 5$ more a day because I will probably be giving her an extra snack seeing as its around dinner time..??

What do you guys think.

I close at 5:30.. She'd be staying until 6:30 ish..

That's right in the middle of dinner time, so I'm going to ask mom if she'd like me to feed her and base it in that..

Right now it's 30/day and I'm thinking if she'd like me to feed her it I would charge 7-10 more a day.. If she doesn't want me to feed her dinner then I'd charge 5 more and if its just a small snack then I'd charge 6 more.

What do you guys think??

Thanks!!

mimi
06-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I would charge another 20 percent of your daily rate if she stays max 1 hr over closing.

Momof4
06-08-2013, 09:45 AM
I charge $5/half hour over 9 hours or after my closing time of 5pm, so I'd charge $10 in your case for an extra hour. However, if the little boys can play together and you can get on with preparing dinner for your family and whatever else you need to do $5 would be fair. I wouldn't give him another snack though, do you usually have one at around 3pm? Don't feed him after that and use the excuse that you might ruin his dinner! His Mom can feed him when they get home.

Especially don't let this become a habit because one thing we learn in this business is that once you let somebody have special treatment you are setting yourself up for it to happen again and again. We have to be fair to our clients but our contract policies and hours are in place because we are running a business, keep that in the back of your mind.

littlebugsdaycare
06-10-2013, 10:28 AM
I charge $1 a minute after my close. My own child needs me without the daycare kids taking my attention so I have set my fees accordingly to account for that.