PDA

View Full Version : Teething ring = bliss!

sunnydays
06-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Just wanted to thank Playfelt and any others who have suggested clipping a teething ring to the shirt of a toddler who bites. I have a 20 month old who started biting last week and I really wanted to nip it in the bud. He is very oral and I have made zero progress with teaching him not to mouth toys and he's been with me since he was 12 months. So, I suggested the teething ring to parents and so far it is working sooooo well! He hasn't bitten this week so far and he is sooooo happy to have something he is allowed to put in his mouth. It is helping with the mouthing as well because I can redirect him to it :) This is wonderful!!!

Momof4
06-11-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm happy you found the solution Sunnydays! Thanks to the support of others, isn't that why we are here?

AmandaKDT
06-11-2013, 06:06 PM
I still use a teething ring sometimes with my daughter that is almost 4. When she is getting tired somedays she starts sucking on her shirt or on any toy in her reach - I guess for comfort. So my sister had the idea of her using one of the teething rings when she feels that urge to suck and chew for comfort. It has worked really well.

Dreamalittledream
06-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Great advice! I'm going to try this with my little guy who mouths everything...fingers crossed:). Thanks for sharing.