PDA

View Full Version : How often do you check on the kids during nap time?

PattyCake
06-12-2013, 12:25 PM
I have monitors in each of the kids rooms, but I can't help but keep going in with a flashlight now and again to check on them. I find myself doing a round of checking on them every 20 minutes...how often do you check on the kids during nap time?

Trace of Angels
06-12-2013, 12:37 PM
I have a monitor as well in each room (I have two nap rooms) and I check on them still 3 times in the duration of 2 hours of quiet time. I cover them back up sometimes if they need it.........:) and they are just so cute when they're sleeping!!!!!

DaycareLady
06-12-2013, 12:40 PM
I just invested in a video monitor! BEST invention EVER! I am SO in love!! You can attach up to 4 cameras so I have 3 so far and can see all the kiddies...it scans through each room every 5 seconds so I don't have to keep going up and down the stairs to check on them! I would highly recommend one and wish I had one sooner! keep an eye out on kijiji or second hand swap groups :)

Skysue
06-12-2013, 12:52 PM
It depends on there ages if they are 0-15 months every 20-30 min, older once or twice during nap!

home
06-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Never. What are you checking them for? I can hear when anyone is awake.

smileyface
06-12-2013, 01:54 PM
I don't see a need to check on them. I can hear if they are awake. It seems pointless to me, and I would be worried that I would wake them up by doing that.

playfelt
06-12-2013, 02:00 PM
I generally check once about half an hour in to make sure they are actually asleep and then I know I have at least an hour from that point on before anyone will wake up. I can hear them in when they wake.

Skysue
06-12-2013, 02:01 PM
I had a 10 month old once vomit and it went all over his face, the poor little man did not make a startling noise on the monitor, I only noticed it when I went to check on him. He was very scared I could see it on his face, plus he could have also choked on his vomit. It was a very scary experience for me.

mamaof4
06-12-2013, 02:47 PM
I have video monitors-- well technically they are security cameras that my DH set up as monitors. very handy

PattyCake
06-12-2013, 03:12 PM
I had a 10 month old once vomit and it went all over his face, the poor little man did not make a startling noise on the monitor, I only noticed it when I went to check on him. He was very scared I could see it on his face, plus he could have also choked on his vomit. It was a very scary experience for me.

Same thing happened here when I opened in December and that's why I'm constantly checking....I think it's time for some video monitors all around for me! Thanks everyone!

Daycare123
06-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Usually only once if they are over 12 months old-but I can hear most things in my house and have monitors in the daycare.

apples and bananas
06-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Video Monitor... Best thing every!

I got mine for 200 bucks and it does 4 monitors. I love it!

My breaks need to be relaxing, this makes it so that I don't have to keep walking up the stairs.

Momof4
06-17-2013, 03:38 PM
If you check on them don't you wake them up when you open and close the door? I peek at new children as I learn how long they sleep for naptime and they get used to daycare but I'm quiet and definitely keep the rooms dark. My established children sleep over 2 hours and a there are always one or two light sleepers so I know as long as I don't hear anybody talking or singing they are asleep. If I go into the room I risk waking them early.

PattyCake
06-17-2013, 05:14 PM
If you check on them don't you wake them up when you open and close the door? I peek at new children as I learn how long they sleep for naptime and they get used to daycare but I'm quiet and definitely keep the rooms dark. My established children sleep over 2 hours and a there are always one or two light sleepers so I know as long as I don't hear anybody talking or singing they are asleep. If I go into the room I risk waking them early.

Typically no I don't wake them up opening and closing the door unless its nearing the end of nap time. I've been checking slightly less since posting this and am definitely going to invest in multiple video monitors now :)