PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitos!!!!!

Harmoni
06-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Well...the mosquitos have officially opened for business!! I'am just wondering what everyone else does for bite control?? I use the kids spray, but heck they just bite right through our clothes, spray you name it. They are really bad (slap an ankle and you easily will get five at once!). To make matters worse one of my dcg ended up having reactions last summer...eye swelled shut, knee swelled to where she could barely bend it...thank goodness it wasn't on my watch!! I'am going to try those bracelet repellants this summer, but would like to know of some other tried and true options. Or if anyone has a recipe they would like to share for bug spray?? Thanks in advance!!!

2cuteboys
06-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Off has a new botanical lotion for mosquitos. I find it works better than the traditional spray! And it's not as stinky :D

I bought mine at sobeys, but I think any drug store would have it too.

cfred
06-21-2013, 04:48 PM
I use adult formula Off, but not on the skin. I'll spray a little on my hand or cloth, then wipe on hat, clothing, etc. It seems to help. We lived in the forest at our old location so the mosquitoes were like bloody hummingbirds! Still got some bites, but greatly reduced. Something else that can be done is for the kids to hold a cloth or something over their face. Just spray a fine mist in the air above them and let it fall over them. It just takes a tiny amount...doesn't have to be slathered. When I'm in Central America or Caribbean where mozzies are AWFUL and horribly aggressive, I'll spray in in the air and walk through (like with perfume)...frontward s and backwards. I rarely get bitten on vacay, so must work :)

giraffe
06-25-2013, 07:01 AM
i use off. My ds is allergic to mosquito bites so whatever keeps them away.

apples and bananas
06-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Someone told me that Bounce Sheets keep them away. One of my children had a horrible reaction to one this weekend as well. I must have sprayed her down 3 times that night and she still got bitten. The family sprays don't work and I don't want to use the adult formulas.

playfelt
06-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Has anyone tried the OFF clip ons?