PDA

View Full Version : First week without pt dcb...bliss

torontokids
06-26-2013, 01:22 PM
So, no pt dcb as mom chose to take her deposit back and keep him home. Such a difference! The kids are sleeping better (he was a horrible sleeper most of the time) and things just feel more relaxed (probably because I am getting my break).

Sometimes the hardest decisions are the best decisions.

Don't know what to tell the other families as I am sure they will ask about him. I asked the mom what she wanted me t say (I said I could tell them nothing or offer some explanation if she wanted) but she never responded. Nothing it is I guess. I just wouldn't want the families to think they are gone because she was unhappy with me and not the other way around.

zoomama
06-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Congrats on a more relaxed atmosphere!! The absence of one difficult kid can change everything so drastically, and bring such relief to everyone!

Personally, I think that if another parent asks, it's perfectly acceptable to simply state that the child was not a good fit and leave it at that. That implies it was your choice, but doesn't sound blaming.

Happy smoother days!!!

Momof4
06-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Congratulations is right! I just went through this and the other 4 children and I have been at peace since the child who caused us tremendous stress has been gone. We learned our lessons didn't we torontokids?

mimi
06-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Congratulations on having less stressful days.:) I am counting the days till my bull in a china shop dcb is off to school in Sept. Mom asked me if I would be available for school holiday care...........sorry his space has been filled:laugh: