PDA

View Full Version : Parent only needs 15 days a month?? How to charge?

Brooke91
06-27-2013, 09:16 AM
I have a potential client interested in my daycare. She is looking for only 15 days a month. How do I charge for that. My daily rate is 30/day. But for new clients I am thinking of raising it to 35/day.. Shoukd I just wait for a family looking for full time?

Sandbox Sally
06-27-2013, 10:04 AM
I had an arrangement like this with a family a couple of years ago, and I have to be honest - I ended up being resentful. I couldn't schedule anyone around them because their days varied. If you're ok giving up a full time spot to a part time family, then I say go for it. I'd charge them a part time rate though. If the going rate in your town is $35, charge them $40 per day because they're taking up a full time spot.

dodge__driver11
06-27-2013, 10:11 AM
I agree with Sally :)

zoomama
06-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Sometimes it's tempting to fill that empty space so we agree to less than ideal. Then we end up having to turn away a full-time client because of the part-timer. That's when it's easy to resent the part-time family when it's totally not their fault. My advice would be to wait unless you're actually only wanting a part-timer and know you won't later miss the extra income. Just my two cents worth. :)

BlueRose
06-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Are these 15 days set days or do they change week to week, month to month? if they are set days then i would charge $40/day (my part time fee), if the days change then I charge my full time weekly rate of $175/week ($35/day).

Artsand crafts
06-27-2013, 11:30 AM
I agree with the other ladies. If you are taking this one charge what your think you could live with. I would not do it honestly, but if I am in a very tight spot I would do it for 50% of the fee the days they are not coming. That means $50/day the days they are coming. If they say not at least I know I would not be regretting giving up a spot for a low fee.

apples and bananas
06-27-2013, 11:55 AM
I would charge 40 a day... $600 a month flat rate. If you can afford it in your budget that is. If they take it great! If they don't then look for a full time.

Skysue
06-28-2013, 07:51 AM
I have a potential client interested in my daycare. She is looking for only 15 days a month. How do I charge for that. My daily rate is 30/day. But for new clients I am thinking of raising it to 35/day.. Shoukd I just wait for a family looking for full time?

I have 4 clients like this but it only works if they have set days.

mom-in-alberta
07-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Agreed, it really depends on what YOU can live with here. Personally, I always have a few part time families because they pay more daily, and it means that some days are lighter than others.
If the schedule is always changing, then it will make it very difficult to fill in any days around that family. But if you know exactly when they will need care, it may be possible.
You could offer them a full time rate, and let them know that if they need care on the 5 or so weekdays that they are not using, that they just have to let you know?
My full time monthly fee applies to 4-5 days per week, and they are not that far off.

kimmills
07-07-2013, 02:45 AM
I agree with the post ahead of mine that it totally depends on your convenience on whether you would be able to accommodate those new kids for 15 days a month. Personally I feel its good because part timers pay better than the regular ones.