PDA

View Full Version : Strollers

Tinkerbell
08-02-2011, 09:15 AM
I was curious if anyone has the 6-seater Bye Bye Buggy? I'm looking to buy a new stroller and this one seems to be priced reasonably but I cannot find any reviews on it. What does everyone use for walks? Stroller? Wagon? I have seen some 6-seater wagons but haven't been able to find them for sale anywhere. Thanks! :)

Katskids
08-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi! I didn't really look around much, but I have the Choo Choo wagon and love it! You just attach, remove pods for as many kids as you need! I'm also in the gta and ordered it delivered and assembled! I'm sure the other ladies will also have good suggestions!

KingstonMom
08-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I use a double jogging stroller and a wagon that i pull behind me. One of my dck walks with me, and this is how i get all 5 of them to the park.
Its a crappy walk and alot of work, but I could not afford a larger stroller or wagon at this time. I am just looking forward to them all growing up a bit so we can all walk, on a rope system or soemthing!!

Tinkerbell
08-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi! I didn't really look around much, but I have the Choo Choo wagon and love it! You just attach, remove pods for as many kids as you need! I'm also in the gta and ordered it delivered and assembled! I'm sure the other ladies will also have good suggestions!

Hi! I just looked it up online and it looks really cute! How many can you attach safely (it doesn't say online)? I need seating for 5 kiddies. Thanks again! :)

Katskids
08-02-2011, 10:40 AM
The store I got mine from says you can attach up to 5, so that would suit you just fine! However, I have seen someone that had 8 seats on hers so maybe it can be bigger but I think it would be very heavy!!

Tinkerbell
08-02-2011, 10:54 AM
The store I got mine from says you can attach up to 5, so that would suit you just fine! However, I have seen someone that had 8 seats on hers so maybe it can be bigger but I think it would be very heavy!!

Thank you! :) Actually, I just called the Step 2 store and it is very reasonably priced as well. I like how each child has their own 'car' equipped with seatbelt so as to avoid kicking each other and stuff. Looks like I will be taking a trip to buy that one! It will save me over $700.! Thanks for the tip!

mlc1982
08-02-2011, 02:15 PM
I use a double jogging stroller and a wagon that i pull behind me. One of my dck walks with me, and this is how i get all 5 of them to the park.
Its a crappy walk and alot of work, but I could not afford a larger stroller or wagon at this time. I am just looking forward to them all growing up a bit so we can all walk, on a rope system or soemthing!!

I have done this as well and it is A LOT of work and I sure get the looks! I have also done it with a baby snugli on me as well which is even worse! I can't really afford the other stuff either. One of my guys has graduated to walking with one of the bear backpack leash things and that works but it's a slow walk! I was looking for some sort of rope idea but can't seem to find them anywhere.

mlc1982
08-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Wow, I just looked at the choo choo wagon and love it. I think it would be perfect for me and thought it was more expensive. The kids would love it!! I could sell off the two-seater wagon I have and possibly a stroller. Does it just have to be ordered online or where could I find it ..anybody know?

Katskids
08-02-2011, 02:24 PM
No problem! Not sure about Step 2 directly but if you order from Mini Circuit Wheels for Kids they will deliver!

Katskids
08-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Wow, I just looked at the choo choo wagon and love it. I think it would be perfect for me and thought it was more expensive. The kids would love it!! I could sell off the two-seater wagon I have and possibly a stroller. Does it just have to be ordered online or where could I find it ..anybody know?

Hi! I really love my Choo Choo wagon! In the gta you can get it at Mini Circuit Wheels for Kids. They have a store or you can just have it delivered.

momofthree
08-02-2011, 03:04 PM
I have the six seater bye bye boogie and loves it. I load all five of my little ones up and off we go for very long walks. Good in the winter as it has big wheels.

zen39
08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I liked the looks of the choo choo wagon too, but I need something that is good for the winter as well. And I don't want to have to buy two different things. I would rather have something I could just use year round and that would work on my streets in the winter (which don't get plowed very well). Does anyone have the runabout? If so, how do you like it?

mlc1982
08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't have a Runabout but have heard nothing bad about them. If I had the funds I would probably look at getting one of these.

playfelt
08-02-2011, 06:44 PM
I have the large wagon from here (22x48 or whatever) I can get up to 6 toddlers in it sitting 3 on each side. I made my own seatbelts using the walking harnesses where the harness goes on the child and the rein part winds around the bars and holds them in place. Even works for little ones because the harness holds them securely. www.toywagons.com

Spixie33
08-02-2011, 08:56 PM
I have the Choo Choo wagon. it is awesome from spring to fall or anytime the sidewalk is clear. The kids love to ride in it -- NEVER any complaints from the kids about being in the wagon and there is no fighting or kicking or pushing since the kids are all in a separate compartment.
In good weather I can have 5 wagons attached and a mixture of ages in there and still pull it fairly easily. Steering is great and it goes around corners great.

Cons-- I had a heck of a time pulling it last winter when the sidewalks were not plowed. The wagon sits low so I was literally pulling it through the big piles of snow and sweating buckets under my coat. I could have cried on occassion.

It attracts a LOT of attention everywhere you go -- comments about how cute it is or what a cool wagon I have. I guess anything larger than a triple stroller would attract attention.

This winter I am also considering whether to invest in a round about or other wagon.

Tinkerbell
08-04-2011, 06:24 AM

I'm not sure where you live, but there is a Step 2 store not far from us and they carry it.

Tinkerbell
08-04-2011, 06:26 AM
I liked the looks of the choo choo wagon too, but I need something that is good for the winter as well. And I don't want to have to buy two different things. I would rather have something I could just use year round and that would work on my streets in the winter (which don't get plowed very well). Does anyone have the runabout? If so, how do you like it?

A friend of mine has the 6-seater runabout and absolutely loves it! It is VERY expensive though...she paid just over $2400. for it with canopies, weather cover, etc. I'm not willing to make that much of an investment right now.

Emilys4Guppies
08-04-2011, 06:40 AM
I have a quint runabout and I love it!! I paid $1500 thereabouts for it, including shipping, rain cover, sunshade, ect. It pushes easily through the snow and is really a 'weightless' design. It pushes easier than my Graco Duoglider. I love it!

It is expensive, but will last forever. It came with a lifetime frame warranty, and the stroller itself has been manufactured for almost 25 years now. They get rave reviews everywhere, but especially in Canada. Roger (the gentleman who designed them) said that the majority are sold in Canada because of it's exceptional ability to handle the snow.

Tinkerbell
08-04-2011, 06:43 AM
I have the large wagon from here (22x48 or whatever) I can get up to 6 toddlers in it sitting 3 on each side. I made my own seatbelts using the walking harnesses where the harness goes on the child and the rein part winds around the bars and holds them in place. Even works for little ones because the harness holds them securely. www.toywagons.com

Is yours the 450m Army Wagon? This one has no dimensions, so I was curious? These wagons look AMAZING!!!

playfelt
08-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Mine is that size but the old fashion style like the ones with the wooden base and the red racks. I have an early version of a canopy that makes it look like a covered wagon which also be really cute to create a name logo for your daycare and attach it to the cover. I have had mine since 1996 and it has been well used. Gone through a couple sets of tires from wearing out the tread. I first got it because my own child has special needs. I was able to put her in the wagon and it was great for going to our son's soccer games and stuff where normal stroller wheels aren't too great. Then with the daycare I could put her at the end and the other kids on the two sides as I did do school runs back then.

Spixie33
08-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Mine is that size but the old fashion style like the ones with the wooden base and the red racks. I have an early version of a canopy that makes it look like a covered wagon which also be really cute to create a name logo for your daycare and attach it to the cover. I have had mine since 1996 and it has been well used. Gone through a couple sets of tires from wearing out the tread. I first got it because my own child has special needs. I was able to put her in the wagon and it was great for going to our son's soccer games and stuff where normal stroller wheels aren't too great. Then with the daycare I could put her at the end and the other kids on the two sides as I did do school runs back then.

Would you be able to post a picture (without any kids in it) to show how you wound the harness?
I am trying to decide between getting a roundabout or whether this wagon could work for me.
Also...how did you find the canopy in winter? Does it hold up well against snow and wind and block it out or is the canopy meant more for sun protection?
Also...how does it handle in snow or unplowed sidewalks??

playfelt
08-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Don't have any pictures of the wagon with the harnesses on it which is a shame considering how many years I used it that way. The canopy I wasn't that happy with but then it has been improved over the years too. I used it for rain and sun not snow. As far as through the snow it wasn't bad because the wheels are wide enough it sort of pulls more than rolls in some places. But what is nice is that it is so high off the ground compared to other wagons so it goes through deeper stuff. And the handle is designed for an adult to pull so longer too which I liked. I cut a piece of foam to fit the bottom of the wagon and covered it in vinyl - just wrap and use duct tape. I also used a set of bumber pads on the racks to pad them. For the harnesses - disconnect the rein part from the actual harness the child wears. Wind the leash around and around the middle bar of the rack until it is tight and each end with the clip fits just inside the racks. Put the harness piece on the child and make it snug. When you put them in just clip them to each end of the harness. If the rein is tight and the harness is tight on the child they can't stand up and for toddlers it helps to hold them upright so supports them. It goes fast because you put the harness part on inside the house as part of getting dressed then carry them out and seat them and hook up. The advantage of the wagon is cost and that you can put an older child in the wagon that might have outgrown the stroller. We have even had our special needs child in the wagon as a 10 year old. The weight allows for about 300lbs or something like that.

Spixie33
08-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Thanks Playfelt. That is really informative and I understand how you hooked it up now. That seems like a snazzy idea. I am going to do some more research on the Runabout too and then hopefully make a decision. The wagon is definitely a contender

jodaycare
08-20-2011, 11:28 AM
I have a six seat Runabout stroller. I love it. If you deal directly with the company, Roger usually gives Canadians a good deal. Google runabout strollers and you will find the site. It has huge wheels and goes through snow like a dream. I have heard that the bye bye buggie is hard to steer.