PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a rain cover for the foundation quad stroller?

sweetness852010
07-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know where to find a rain cover for the foundation quad stroller? I am looking to buy a quad but havent decieded on that stroller or the roundabout. I dont care if i have to order from the states. If anyone knows where i can find one in ottawa or the US?

I want one where i can fold which the foundations does!

Artsand crafts
07-05-2013, 12:39 PM
My stroller is Angeles. It's very similar to fundations stroller. I bought the cover in the US online in the same virtual store I bough my stroller. Maybe you could find a store in the US or here that can ship the rain cover. Have you tried amazon.com?

Trace of Angels
07-05-2013, 12:47 PM
I got mine from Babyhaven.com. I think it was around $55.00 plus shipping. But all in all very worth it. A little heavier than the Jolly Jumper one you would find in a department store for a single or double. It fits well over my Quad Bye Bye Buggy by Angeles but I think was meant for the foundations stroller.
Another daycare provider I know uses a clear plastic tablecloth that she punched wholes in (for ventilation) and then fastens with hair clips to her stroller.........a much cheaper option :-)

playfelt
07-05-2013, 12:50 PM
You could also take a look at places like Canadian Tire or Home Depot and look at the plastic covers meant for lawn chairs and tables, etc. Not sure if they have built in tie downs or not. For tie downs considering a waterproof tarpaulin from home depot that would come with grommets for tying down.

PattyCake
07-05-2013, 08:51 PM
I have the foundations quad and use the jolly jumper double rain cover which was recommended by the sales rep where I bought it. (Maklems in Toronto) The canopy on the back seats of the stroller reaches far enough that you don't need a rain cover to reach all the way back, however the jolly jumper one does cover it completely. It works well for me.

giraffe
07-08-2013, 06:55 AM
i used to use two double side by side covers

playfelt
07-08-2013, 09:57 AM
I assume by asking for a cover that you intend to leave the stroller outside. Be very careful as there have been cases reported on the forum of strollers being stolen from yards including a gated side yard. Let's face it they are in demand and a quick $300 and up income to the stealer.

I'm lucky mine goes in the garage but if you can put it in a shed in the back yard that is locked that would be the best. There are even bins meant for garbage cans that it might fit into that are lockable.

sweetness852010
07-12-2013, 08:05 AM
I assume by asking for a cover that you intend to leave the stroller outside. Be very careful as there have been cases reported on the forum of strollers being stolen from yards including a gated side yard. Let's face it they are in demand and a quick $300 and up income to the stealer.

I'm lucky mine goes in the garage but if you can put it in a shed in the back yard that is locked that would be the best. There are even bins meant for garbage cans that it might fit into that are lockable.

I more need it for the days we have to go to the bus stop when it rains or snows.

Judy Trickett
07-24-2013, 07:14 AM
When I had my Foundations Quad I made a rain cover. It was pretty easy and I am not a big sewer. I went and purchased the clear plastic and fabric edging from a fabric store. Then I put the plastic up to the side of the stroller and traced the shape and cut out two pieces (one for each side) then a front and a back. Sewed it all together, put on the fabric edging and sewed some velcro fasteners to the bottoms and, Voila!

It's really not that hard.

sunnydays
07-24-2013, 11:56 AM
When I had my Foundations Quad I made a rain cover. It was pretty easy and I am not a big sewer. I went and purchased the clear plastic and fabric edging from a fabric store. Then I put the plastic up to the side of the stroller and traced the shape and cut out two pieces (one for each side) then a front and a back. Sewed it all together, put on the fabric edging and sewed some velcro fasteners to the bottoms and, Voila!

It's really not that hard.

I did the same for my 6 seater Bye Bye Buggy because they don't make rain covers for it. Mine is even less high tech than Judy's ;) I just bought two clear plastic shower curtains and taped them together and then added some velcro tabs to stick the edges to the stroller. It is not beautiful, but it works well enough.