PDA

View Full Version : In the spirit of positivity- what is the best part of being a daycare provider?

mamaof4
08-04-2011, 09:38 AM
I loved reading how much you love your jobs. What are the best things about it?

mlc1982
08-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Being home with my kids is by far the best thing about my job. I couldn't imagine someone else getting to see all the funny/cute/creative/etc things they do every day.

Besides that, getting to see the other kids grow up is great. To see how excited they get when they color a picture or can do a craft by themselves or just learn something new (one little guy just learned how to get on the couch ..uh oh!) They way they all play with each other and basically have built-in friends for now.

Being on my own schedule is great. It's nice to basically come and go as I please.

Emilys4Guppies
08-04-2011, 12:28 PM
I love that I work at home, with my own toilet, kitchen and space.
I love that I get to be here for my own children.
I love having playmates for my children.
I love having an income while still being at home.
I love working with young children.
I love being my own boss.

waterloo day mom
08-04-2011, 12:30 PM
I like being my own boss. I decide how things are run around here and what we are going to do each day. I like the flexibility of being able to rearrange the day whenever I need to.

Skysue
08-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Being my own boss!

Being able to be at home with my daughter!

Being able to go to the park & beach, walk in the forest on a fall day, jump in rain puddles, make sand castles & snow angels and get paid for it!

Bake cookies just because!

Make crafts and learn about animals and bugs!

Sit and have a tea while the kids play!

Curl up and watch a fun movie like "Uncle Buck" or "Goonies" on a rainy day!

Who wouldn’t love this job!

Skysue
08-04-2011, 12:39 PM
LOL Own toilet! After a good cup of coffee at the office why does "Emily" keep disappearing! LOL

I hear ya!

I love that I work at home, with my own toilet, kitchen and space.
I love that I get to be here for my own children.
I love having playmates for my children.
I love having an income while still being at home.
I love working with young children.
I love being my own boss.

sunnydays
08-04-2011, 01:55 PM
I think it has all been said already, but I totally love being home with my kids and not having to send them to stay with a stranger all day. I also love being my own boss and hanging out at the park and eating what I want when I want...and I agree with Emily...my own bathroom! I love naptime...sitting with a cup of tea and relaxing or getting stuff done around the house. I love getting to see all the kids learning new things and I love seeing the world through a toddler's eyes :)

Emilys4Guppies
08-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I love the excuse to do fun things like gardening, incubating and hatching chicken eggs, visit the zoo/science center/museum, and raising butterflies. :)

mom-in-alberta
08-12-2011, 12:45 AM
#1: Raising my own children. Even though I do it for a living, I cannot imagine dropping my children off into someone else's care all day, every day.
#2: It's been said; BEING MY OWN BOSS. I dictate how my day goes (to as much degree as is possible, I suppose, lol), when I take my holidays, what I will wear to work, who I work with, my income..... the list goes on.
#3: Ties in with #2, but the good times. Some days are hard, no doubt about it. But when we are all sitting on a blanket in the sunshine of the front yard, munching on popsicles and giggling while purple juice drips down our chins...... aaaaaahhhhh. Wouldn't trade it for all the world.
#4: A good day of nap/ quiet time. 'Nuff said.
:)

lilac
08-13-2011, 08:57 AM
I love being with my own kids, as Mom in Alberta said, I just couldnt send them to daycare. I tried, it didnt work for us.